THREE

"Wow, I cannot believe I'm sitting here right now with you." Carrie admitted when they sat down. "What are you even doing in Nashville?"

"I actually got traded to the predators a couple weeks ago!" Mike grinned.

"Oh wow, I don't know how I missed that! Probably because I don't pay much attention to hockey anymore." Carrie trailed off, her heart sinking a bit. After she broke up with Mike, she couldn't bare to watch hockey anymore. It hurt too much. "So, how have you been? Are you married?"

"Nope, not even close." He chuckled. "I am very single at the moment."

"Seriously?" Carrie blurted out without thinking. "Oh gosh oops I'm sorry, I'm just shocked. I figured you would be."

"It's okay, I know." Mike laughed. "Just haven't found the right one I guess. You know, you sat my standards pretty high."

Carrie blushed majorly. Fourteen years later and he still knew just what to say.

"Sorry I shouldn't have said that." Mike said, realizing it had made Carrie uncomfortable. They both felt extremely awkward with each other. "Anyways, enough about my sucky and nonexistent love life. Do you want to talk about what happened?"

"He cheated on me. Classic love story. You find the perfect guy, fall in love, get married, have a child, and then walk in to find him screwing another woman." Carrie joked, but Mike could tell her laugh was fake.

"I'm so sorry Carrie, that's horrible." Mike frowned.

"He said it was just 'for sex'. He didn't 'have feelings for her, it was just sex.' Because apparently 'I didn't give him as much sex as he wanted.'" Carrie rolled her eyes, putting air quotes around the things he'd told her. "Because that's supposed to be my top priority, not my career or my six year old daughter or anything."

"That's such a dick move wow. I'm so sorry Carrie. You don't deserve that." Mike said seriously. He wanted to beat this guy up.

"Yeah, I know. I just hate myself for being so clueless. It was going on for a year before I found out. I should have known, I shouldn't have been so stupid and naïve." Carrie sighed as their waitress brought them their food.

"Don't blame it on yourself Carrie. It wasn't your fault at all. There's no way you could have known. People cover it up so well nowadays, it's hard to know." Mike told her. "Wow, I can't believe you walked in on them. I can't even imagine that."

"Yep. Came home a day earlier than I was supposed to from a show and walked into the bedroom to find him screwing her in our bed. Four months later and now we're here." Carrie threw her hands up in the air and fake smiled.

"That's so messed up. If I ever see him I'm going to kick his ass so hard he won't even know what hit him." Mike got defensive.

"Please do, he deserves it." Carrie sighed.

"I'm so sorry Carrie, I really am."

"It's okay I guess. I mean there's nothing I can do about it now." Carrie shrugged. Carrie and Mike paid for their lunch and then started walking back to their car.

"I'm really glad I ran into you today. You made me feel a lot better."

"I'm glad I ran into you too. I'm not going to lie, it took me a really long time to get over you." Mike said, scratching his head out of nervousness.

"I laid in bed every night for months with your contact pulled up and ready to call, but I never did." Carrie admitted. They crossed the street and then stood outside Carrie's car to continue talking.

"So did I. I was so stupid, I shouldn't have let you go that easily. I should have fought harder, who knows what would have happened." Mike was glad that they could talk about their relationship without it being awkward. It was good to know that Carrie had felt the same way he did.

"I know. I'm sorry. We should have tried to talk it out. Ending our relationship was the worst decision I've ever made. I compared everyone to you. I still do. I still miss you." Carrie looked down at the ground and fiddled with her shirt.

Without thinking, Mike grabbed her hips, pulled her up against him, and kissed her.

His sudden move was extremely unexpected and threw Carrie completely off guard.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I don't know what I was thinking I-"

Carrie cut him off by pulling him back in and kissing him even more passionately.

She'd forgotten how good his lips felt on hers, how good his strong hands felt on her waist, how perfectly their bodies synced together.

"Oh God I've missed those soft lips." Mike whispered, pulling away just enough to speak. He kept his hands on her waist and their bodies were only centimeters away.

Carrie blushed, smiling as she rose into her tip toes to kiss him again.

For once, she didn't care that she was making out with someone in a public parking lot, nor did she care that she'd just divorced her husband of seven years.

For once, she was happy.