25. Wedding

Ryder's P. O. V.

I looked around happily as people rushed this way and that, trying to find seats for when the wedding would start. Emily was chasing a boy around in her flower girl dress, and a small smile played at my lips. She would be a handful when she was older. Corey's hand touched my waist and I looked up at him. "Hey."

"Hey."

My eyes skimmed the crowd of people slowly. "Did he come?"

"He's lurking around here somewhere."

I nodded. "So...this is it. Kelsey's getting married."

Corey chuckled quietly. "Yeah, she is. They really love each other, don't they?"

"Yeah."

He smiled. "Kelsey wants to see you."

I nodded. "Of course. I'll go get her. You go make sure Jason doesn't plan on running off or anything," I joked and smiled.

"Alright. And Ryder?"

I looked up at him again, ceasing my turn away from him. "Yeah?"

He leaned down and kissed my cheek. "You look very beautiful."

* * * * *

I slowly clipped the bracelet on to Kelsey's wrist and looked at her. "There. Now you're perfect."

She looked at me with tears in her eyes and smiled.

"Hey, don't cry, you'll ruin all of the work Devon put in to your face."

Immediately she fanned her eyes and took measured breaths. "Right. Okay. I won't cry." Her lip trembled a little anyway and she threw her arms around me. "I'm so happy, Ryder!"

"I know you are." I rubbed her back gently. Even her father was smiling at me.

"Ryder! Get your hands off of my masterpiece!" Devon growled, flicking me in the arm. "Kelsey, try to keep yourself together for now, alright?" he scolded gently. "I made you look inhumanly beautiful and if you mess up the pictures I'm going to take, you'll be lucky to live to your honeymoon."

She laughed then threw her arms around him. "I love you, Devon."

"Yes, yes, we all do." He grinned. "Now seriously, go sit somewhere cool enough that you won't sweat through my work, and we'll all be waiting outside for you."

"All of you?" she squeaked.

"You invited over a hundred people, dear," he reminded her.

Kelsey's slightly panicked eyes fell on me. "What if I fall?"

Her dad took a small portion of her hair and tucked it behind her ear gently, and her eyes turned to him. "I'll catch you, princess. I'm gonna be right there with you."

I smiled. "We all will. You're not going to fall, Kells. If anyone, Devon sure as Hell won't let it happen." I grinned and she laughed nervously. Music began playing outside and I looked at the line of bridesmaids lining up at the door. "That's my cue. Maid of honor can't be late after all." I smiled at her one more time then went to stay in front of the other girls.

It was time.

* * * * *

Here Comes The Bride began playing and everyone stood. Slowly, Kelsey began making her way down the aisle with her father. Her eyes shifted from person to person nervously, but when her eyes fell on Jason, she was suddenly calm, and she smiled a little bit. When she reached him, her father took her hand and kissed it gently before placing it in Jason's and shaking his hand. He murmured to Kelsey that he loved her and went to sit down.