James (Jim) Gordon #1

Type: Romantic

Notes: Y/F/H/D - Your favourite hot drink

Y/F/M - Your favourite meal

"Barbara, please don't do this," Jim pleaded with a stray tear slipping down his face.

He wasn't normally a man to show emotion, especially not in front of his psychotic ex, but when it came to you, he just couldn't control himself.

"Aww, is Jimbo upset that I'm gonna kill his pretty little new toy," Barbara pouted in a fake sympathetic voice.

"If your gonna do it, then do it," you spat at her.

Honestly, you were frightened as hell inside but you refused to show her that. She thrives on fear. And with James being less calm than usual, you knew you had to step up to make up for it.

"Jim did this to you, you know that right?" she growled while placing a knife against your throat.

The coldness of it against your heated skin made you shiver and you saw a flash of joy in her eyes at your reaction, mistaking it for fear. You began to slowly attempt to wiggle your hands out of the ropes she had used to tie you to the post inside the abandoned warehouse.

"He's not the one holding a knife against my throat and threatening to kill me," you shot back trying to buy you and Jim time.

"But he knew when you got together that I would come after you. If he really loved you then he would've pushed you away just to protect you. But nooo, Jim has to fight against me, hoping that one day he will win. After your gone he'll finally see, if he's not with me then he can never be happy," Barbara smirked.

You looked at Jim and his eyes were full of guilt. You didn't believe her lies but he was so tightly wrapped up in her web that he was starting to think they were true.

"This isn't your fault Jim, don't blame yourself," you whispered.

Barbara laughed, a evil, menacing and frightening cackle. She leisurely slid the knife against your throat and made a slit on your neck that began to bleed, painfully slowly. You winced and leant your head back against the pole you were tied to, praying for the pain to go away while she just giggled.

"Y/N NO!" Jim shouted, thrashing about in an attempt to rescue you.

"Oh Jim, Jim, Jim. Your too late now. How about we leave her there to die while you watch? Then when she's dead I will slit your throat a little more painfully and let you die together like a modern day Romeo and Juliet and the mad ex girlfriend," she chuckled while putting her face extremely close to Jim's.

"Go on James. Say your goodbyes. You cant save her so you may as well let her die happily," Barbara skipped over to the spare chair she had and sat down, getting comfy like she was about to watch a performance.

"Y/N, look at me," he said.

You looked up to see his blue eyes piercing into your soul. Taking you all in as if it was his last time seeing you. That was the moment when you realised you weren't getting out of this. If he couldn't find a way out, if Detective James Gordon didn't know what to do, then all hope was lost.

"We're going to get out of this, okay? I'll take you to the hospital and we'll get that stitched up. Then we will go home and I will make you a steaming Y/F/H/D and Y/F/M and we can cuddle up on the sofa together and watch any film you want. Pirates of the Caribbean, Avengers Assemble or even Grease for gods sake, just stay with me and we will be fine."

You began to cry. He hated musicals. But he was doing his best to convince you that everything would get better.

"Jim, it's okay. Let me go. Barbara has won and that's okay. Just accept it because there is nothing you could've done differently. I wouldn't change these past 7 months with you for the world because your my everything and before I met you I had nothing. You gave my life purpose and if I die today then at least I had the pleasure of experiencing something that not everyone gets in their life, love. Real and true love. Because I do love you James Gordon and never forget that."

"Stop saying goodbye," Jim shouted, "your going to be fine. Why are you giving up?"

He pleaded with you not to give in to the darkness but it was too late for you. Seeing him cry and look like his heart was broken made you break down even more.

"She's won Jim!" you said.

"Why thank you," Barbara finally spoke up.

You glared at her and she winked at you, seemingly enjoying this heart-breaking moment.

"I can't loose you baby. Your everything to me too. I love you so much. Your the light that keeps me from slipping into darkness, (HAHA SUICIDE SQUAD SOUNDTRACK SONG! Soz I ruined the moment lol) even when it seems like all hope is lost for me, you keep me going. Y/N your the one I want to be with for the rest of my life and I know this is soon but now is a better time than ever, will you be Mrs Gordon, my wife?"

You lifted your head and smiled weakly at him, trying to ignore the feeling of blood dripping down your neck and onto your new t-shirt.

"Of course I will Jim, it would be my pleasure," you croaked.

Barbara clapped her hands and cheered, sounding like a fake high school teenager pretending to be happy.

"Oh a wedding! Yippee. Do I get an invitation?" she asked smiling at Jim.

Your head fell down and you tried your hardest to stay awake but your eyes were slowly shutting.

"You won't ever get away with this Barbara. You'll be back in Arkham in no time," Jim spat.

"Oh Jim, so petty. I've already gotten away with it."

Your eyes were almost completely closed and you were fighting to keep them open. Suddenly, a loud crash came out of nowhere and you heard Bullock's voice. You had never been happier to hear that grumpy, old man's voice. Gunshots rang out, hurting your ears. You couldn't see what was going on but you heard Barbara's final comment.

"I'm not done with you yet Jim. Be prepared sweetheart, I'll see you soon."

Then you felt Jim's large, warm hand on your cheek and you tried to move your head to lean into his hand. Someone untied you and Jim picked you up bridal style before kissing your forehead. Your eyes fluttered open using all of your strength to see him looking at you with concern but joy that you were still alive.

"That's it Y/N, keep your eyes open for me. We'll be at the hospital in no time. I told you we'd be okay. And I can promise you that this won't be the last time I carry you bridal style, Mrs Gordon."

You felt him place you into an ambulance and felt people begin to clean your wound. But in your head, to keep yourself alive, you were busy planning your wedding.

A/N OH MY LORD! I AM SO HAPPY WITH THIS ! IVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY WITH AN IMAGINE BEFORE. IT TOOK ME SO LONG...

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THOUGHT ... x