Mr. Player's Kids: Chapter 4

Mr Players Kids: Chapter 4

Chase's POV

Emma was officially 6 weeks pregnant when we went to her first doctors appointment.

It's hard to say this without hurting anyone's feelings, but Emma isn't exactly the best at remembering things, as I had learned from the time I had spent with her.

Our first doctors appointment was scheduled at 3 weeks, it turns out Emma was 2 weeks pregnant when she had first told me. That appointment failed, after Emma completely forgot that she had anything to do that day.

The next appointment was scheduled for 4 weeks, this time I stressed the importance of Emma remembering, and she simply nodded, like she had understood every word I said. Turns out she was having a bad case of the "forget-me-nots" (whatever that is) and didn't remember anything that happened that day the following day. Confusing? She thought so.

The last appointment was scheduled for 6 weeks, and I sure as hell was to going to let this one slip away. An hour before the approximate time we were supposed to be there, I drove to Emma's house and knocked on the door, only to find no answer from inside of the house. Emma's parents were out of town that day, and she was all alone, so I had no choice but to enter myself.

I slowly opened the door and popped my head into the living room, where she usually hung out, but no Emma. I ran up the stairs and into her bedroom, but again, no Emma.

My breath hitched up, and I started to panic.

"Emma?!" I called out. No answer.

"EMMA?" I practically shouted. Just then the sound of a toilet flushing rang in my ears as the door to the bathroom nearby opened inch by inch, very slowly.

Emma emerged from the bathroom, scratching her head and squinting her eyes as if she has just woke up.

"Why do you always have to be so loud? It's 8 in the morning." she yawned.

"Doctors appointment?" I smirked. Her eyes widened and her hand went straight to her mouth.

"Oh, shit not again." she ran into her room and came out 3 minutes later, dressed and ready for the appointment. I chuckled.

"What? Is it my hair? Is it-"

"That's just the fastest I've ever seen you get changed, Em. You look fine." I laughed.

"Fine? I have to go change and-"

"You look great." I said, stressing the word great and snaking my arm around her waist, guiding her downstairs and towards my car.Once we were on the road, she sighed.

"To think we almost missed this one too. Why am I always so forgetful?!" she shrieked, making me smile again. As we entered the hospital the familiar smell of disinfected air poked at my nose. It was then that I felt the unhappiness of nostalgia fill me again, as a reminder of the last time I had been here teased me, clawing at my conscience. It was my fault, not his. I was the reason it happened. It took all I had not to break down, have all of the walls I built up over the years crumble down to the dust I started with. Nothing. But I didn't have nothing anymore, I had Emma. And that was all the mattered to me now. Just her tying me down to reality, keeping me sane. Yet as I looked around, watching the nurses frantically running from corner to corner, the rolling hospital beds or whatever the hell they we're called almost everywhere. Ha, it was like everyone was already expecting an emergency. Like they new that something horrible was going to happen, and they were prepared for when it did. Well I didn't. And I wasn't. Not that day. Yet, when Emma gave my hand a final squeeze before we entered that hospital room, I was yet again pulled down to reality. My only gravity. And that was Emma.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emma's POV

Hospitals are deadly. Well, quite the opposite actually. I guess they keep you FROM dying, but whenever I'm in a hospital, I still feel like something's terribly wrong, and that's why I'm there. I've felt that every time I've ever entered a hospital, from the time I fell of that cliff (long story) to the time I ate that bad squid (that's a long story too) to the time my grandmother died. But this time, I just didn't. I felt different, instead of death in the air I felt like there was the life of something. That was true too, considering there was proof of growing life inside of me. Or maybe it was Chase that made all of the difference. Chase. There was something in his eyes. A look that I hadn't seen on him before. Sadness? Regret? In a flash the look was gone, and a smile returned to his face. We hadn't said a word to each other, until I was laying down on the cushiony table, the computer monitor next to me, barely in my view.

I hear the door click, and in walks a blonde doctor. She has long blonde hair, tan skin, a little dress, and boots up to her knees. She had a little name tag on the read: Amy Asberry, Ultrasound Tec. She looks over at Chase and gets a flirty smile on her face. She walks over with a sway in her walk.

"Hello, im Amy." She looks at Chase "And you are?"

"Im Chase, and this is my girlfriend Emma" He says and he looks over at me. With a smile only the devil couldn't love. I look back over at the doctor who has a frown on her face.

"Of course. Well Emma, i need you to lay back and raise your shirt, untill its right under your breast." She informs me, and I do as I'm told. She walks over to me, with a bottle in her hand. She squeezes it and it lands on my belly. As the liquid hits my stomach I yell "Shit that's cold! You could have warned me!" Her and Chase both crack up.

"Sorry love" She says as she put the thing on my stomach that would make the baby visible. She moves it around on my stomach until a little flashing appears on the screen. She keeps it right there.

"Is that it?" Chase asks.

"Yep. Congratz you guys" She says and she freeze frames the screen. She pushes a few more buttons before turning to me. "Okay hun. Now the fun part happens. Imma go make the pictures for you guys to keep." She smiles before leaving the room. I look over at Chase who is looking at the screen. He smiles and a tear rolls down his face

"Chase. You okay?" I ask

"Yeah. I'm just so happy Emma. That's our baby right there. Ours." He says as he gets out of his seat and walks over to me. He leans down and presses his lips to mine...

Hey guys (: Its Haleigh here. :D and most of this was wrote by bella. Its really just me and her now. So uploads will be more frequent. :D

Vote

Comment

Fan

xxHales and Bella :)