Mr. Player's Kids: Chapter 2

Two

I was pregnant.

It took me a few minutes to process this fact in my head. That there really was something growing inside me. Not "something", but a baby.

And Chase's baby too.

I launched myself at Summer, tears already blanketing my face.

"It's okay, Emma. I'm here for you," she said reassuringly, stroking my hair, trying to comfort me. I sniffed, and looked at her with my tear-streaked face.

"You have options, you know."

I looked at her thoroughly, contemplating for a minute. I knew I had the right to choose, as so many others did. I shook my head and clutched my stomach. I knew, as much as I would rather another choice, I wouldn't be able to give this up.

"You have to tell him," she whispered.

But I couldn't. Even if I did, it wouldn't mean anything to him. He was notorious for sleeping around, and it had probably happened to one of the chicks he messed with already. Still, his ego was left without a scratch. This made me even more hesitant about speaking to him.

"I can't tell him. I can't!" I bursted into another fit of tears, and Summer hugged me tighter.

"You've got to. He's the father of your baby. He deserves to know, even if he doesn't care," She told me.

I knew she was right.

Who am I kidding, Summer was always right.

I sighed, and reached for my cell phone when Summer gave my hand a little slap.

"In person," she said sternly.

I sighed again, realizing that she was right for a second time. I had to tell him, and I would have to tell him in person.

"Where though? It's not like I ever talk to him. He'll know something is up the minute I say 'hello'."

"After school. Guys and girls lacrosse team practices are on the same days right? Tell him you need to talk after practice, and figure out a date then," she suggested.

"Fine, I huffed. 

This would be hard. I looked down at my stomach, currently flat. I wondered how quickly the changes would come.

"Thanks, Summer," I said, looking back up at her and smiling.

"No problem. You know the only thing I wouldn't do for you is join the circus," She smiled back at me, pulling out her favorite inside joke to comfort me.

I think it was then that I knew that I was in safe hands, as long as I had Summer to help me through it all.

                                                       +                                         +                                         +

Lacrosse practice came and went, and I confronted Chase as we walked back to the water fountain together, what a coincidence. He was confused at first, but in the end we decided to meet at his house to talk, or what Chase thought it was, a "study date".

That night I took a quick shower, letting all worry slide down my body and down the drain, like the water from the shower. However, when I hopped into my car and drove up to the front of his house, the worry rushed back into my system.

It really wasn't a house. Standing outside of the iron gates and extremely green grass, I thought about how his "house" looked like a smaller version of the White House. Huge white columns supported the balcony, a pathway leading to these huge marble doors. I gulped, intimidated by the grandness of the house itself.