Chapter Seventeen

"I'm saying that I like you, Dojima Kuroyuki."

...

...

...

WHAAAAT!?

I- I don't... I didn't expect him to say yes!!!

There was nothing but silence between you and Yamamoto. Your faces were close, and your foreheads were already touching. Half of your mind was still processing what he said and the other half was debating on the right answer.

Finally you spoke up. "I... I..."

You sighed. Man, this sure is hard.

"I'm really grateful that you like me, Yamamoto, but... sorry, I only think of as a friend like now. I've got more important things to deal with right now. You too. You need to focus on your training."

You can tell that he was slightly shocked. Note, SLIGHTLY. It seems like he wasn't used to rejection, especially when it came to girls. He caught you off guard and laughed. "Things to deal with? Sounds serious. Soooo... once this ordeal is over, you'll give me your answer?"

"What? I didn't say anything like that!"

"You kept saying 'right now' so I assume that somewhere down the road you're gonna tell me your feelings!" Yamamoto pinched your nose, causing you to blush a little. ARRRRRGGHH WHY DOES THIS GUY HAVE SUCH AN UNERVING EFFECT ON ME?!

---------

Days later... Day of the Ring Battle of the Storm

Varia's Prince the Ripper, Belphegor... You thought as you looked over the railings of the rooftop, eyeing the students below and taking in the sight of Namimori. And Vongola's Storm Guardian, Gokudera Hayato... this will be one interesting battle...

"(Name)-chan, are you going to Gokudera's fight tonight?"

The sudden outbreak of a voice almost made you jump off the rooftop. "Idiot! Don't sneak up on me like that!" Yamamoto laughed, scratching the back of his neck. "Oh, hahaha! Sorry, did I surprise you?"

"Obviously!" You huffed, then turned your attention to the scenery once again. During the past battles, you were there, and were able to witness the victory of the Vongola in the Sun Ring battle. During the Lightning battle, however, two rings were lost: Lambo's and also the Sky Ring. Sighing, you replied, "Of course I'm going to watch. By the way, how's Gokudera's technique?"

"Well... I haven't seen him this morning, but the last time I saw him training with Shamal, well... his technique was a little off."

"Was it?" You raised an eyebrow. "Hope he completes it before tonight." Sighing, you got your bag and started heading downstairs. "Wait, where are ya going?"

"Home. I have to meet my brother somewhere."

"Ah, okay."

You waited, expecting him to jump out of that door and ask if he can walk you home, but he didn't. "Aren't you going to walk me home?" You asked him yourself, a hint of annoyance in your voice. "Anou... I think I'll skip for today. I have to head home early and train too."