Chapter Six

Chapter Six

“Arrrrg! I’m going to KILL you, Varia!” You thought out loud as you were waiting for the green light to go red at a predstrian line. “That is, when I find you.”

It had been an hour since you’ve last left Namimori Middle, and now you were just walking around town, looking for a way home. The lights turned red, and you crossed, along with several other people.

Again, you passed Namimori hospital for the fifth time, but this time you saw a familiar face.

“Dino-san!”

Dino turned around to greet you. “Hey, Kuroyuki-chan! What’s the Weapons Master got to do here in Japan?” You met Dino once, in Italy. He saved you from being killed by a bounty hunter.

“Shh, Dino-san! My name isn’t Kuroyuki here in Japan. My name is (Last Name) (First Name). I’ve came here on a mission. I’m supposed to meet the candidate for being the Tenth Vongola boss.”

“Oh, so you’ve met Tsuna and Reborn already?”

“Yes I have! By the way, Dino-san…” You said, looking around.

“Yeah?”

“Are any of your subordinates around?” You asked nervously. Dino was great at combat, but when he wasn’t around his subordinates, his motor skills weren’t very good.

“No. I let them go on a vacation to a hot spring. A boss’s got to take care of his men, after all.” He said.

“Well, that would make our job easier.” A voice said.

You and Dino looked up. On top of a tree was the Varia: Belphegor, Levi-a-than, Lussuria and Mammon. Squalo and Xanxus are nowhere in sight, along with their Gola Mosca. You thought. Probably hiding in some secret base or something.

“There you are, Weapons Master. We’ve been waiting for a good opportunity to ambush you.” Mammon said.

“It’s the perfect situation to get you now, don’t you think?” Belphegor continued.

Dino readied his whip. “What are you Varia doing here? The Ring Conflict wouldn’t start until next week!”

“Dino-san,” You said nervously. “Don’t use your whip, please.” Dino just smiled at you. “Don’t worry, Kuroyuki-chan. I’ll take care of them.” He said as he lashed his whip at Belphegor, but instead of hitting him, it smacked you on the face instead. His motor skills were missing in action, it seems.

“Dino-san…” You said as you were loosing consciousness. You saw the Varia hop down from their tree and approach you, knocking Dino unconscious and stuffing you in a sack. With that, you blacked out.

Flashback

“Kuroyuki,” Your father gasped, his voice rasp. Blood was everywhere, staining your clothes. “You… and Naoji…promise me, you will not be involved…in the mafia…like me. Protect each other…” He continued, his grip on your hand tightening.

Tears flowed down everywhere, you and your elder brother crying for your dying father. “Dad, I promise! I won’t be involved in the mafia! Never!” Naoji said. Your father turned his gaze towards him.

“Naoji… you are the man of the family now…protect your…your sister.” Naoji nodded and sank his head into his hand. Your dad returned to face you.

“Kuroyuki…promise…me…”

You were too shocked anymore to argue. “I promise, dad…”

Your father closed his eyes and finally, for the last time, his Dying Will flame disappeared.

"You’ll eventually return to the path of the mafia, you know…” A voice said behind them. Lal Mirch was there, in adult form, reaching her hand out to them. “To protect the ones you love, you’ll have to learn to fight.”

End of Flashback

“Oy, Belphegor, you sure she isn’t dead?” A voice said.

“Relax, Mammon. It’ll take more than a whip to kill her.” Belphegor replied.

You opened your eyes, only to be greeted by a bright light. You squinted, and once your eyes were used to the light, you realized you were at an abandoned warehouse. Metal poles were lying on the ground, some boxes were in a corner, and the place was very dusty.

“Ooh, I didn’t realize the Weapons Master was this cute!” Lussuria said, pinching your cheek. “Can I take her home?”

“Not yet, Lussuria. We’ll have to wait for the boss and Squalo.”

“Why are you Varia doing this?” You asked, struggling in your binding. “Does this have anything to do with the Ring Conflict?”

Belphegor laughed. “Of course not. It’s something…” They eyed one another. “Personal to the boss.” Mammon finished.

While you were talking to the Varia, your hands were untying the ropes behind you. Lal Mirch had made sure that you were trained for that, too.

“What do you mean?” You asked, continuing to untie the rope. “My, my, haven’t you realize yet? Well, let me tell you…” Mammon said. “By now, an elite Varia assassination squad is on their way to Italy, and their next target is Dojima Naoji.”