Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen 

Finally, just a few minutes before the bell, you arrived at Namimori and went straight to your classroom.

“(First name)-chan!” Kyoko called out. “I’m so glad you’re here! I thought you would be absent, just like the others.”

“Others? What do you mean, Kyoko-chan?”

“Tsuna-kun, Gokudera-kun and Yamamoto-kun are absent for the day. Even my brother stayed back home. They said that they had to train for a sumo contest.”

Come to think of it… You thought as you looked around the classroom. Sawada-san isn’t here. Neither are Yamamoto-kun and Gokudera-kun. I wonder if they’re training?

“Well, Kyoko-chan. I don’t think I’m feeling well. I’m heading to the nurse’s office. As long as I came in the morning, I won’t be listed as absent, right?”

“Yes, but…”

“Alright! I’ll get going!”

“Wait, (First name)-chan!” Kyoko called out as you left the classroom. Everybody’s training like crazy. I guess I should go check on them. But, where could they be?

Meanwhile, at a hidden base at Namimori…

“Oy, Mammon. Still looking for the Mist Guardian, aren’t you? Isn’t your Thoughtography working well?” Belphegor said. 

“It’s not that it isn’t working. In fact, it works perfectly. But, the target is using such a powerful illusion to cover their presence.” Mammon used her Thoughtography again, and the initials DC appeared on the paper.

“Whoever they are, they sure are doing a great thing in masking their prescience.”

“Yeah, well, setting that thing aside, what do you think about the Weapons Master. Isn’t she talented?”

“Bel, I know that tone of a voice. Since when have you become interested in her?”

“Hey, there’s no knowing in what heights her strength can take her. I want to fight her someday. Oh, and about your true strength… I want to see it on the Mist Ring battle.”

“Hmph. You can see it, but for a price.”

“Why, you snotty little…”

“Remember, seeing my true strength is a rare opportunity.”

“Yeah, whatever.”

Back to Namimori Middle

You ran out of Nami-Middle, and there was nobody to stop you. Let’s see, if I were training, where would I be? You thought.

As if to answer your question, a nearby explosion ripped through the air. Gokudera-kun! Only someone as stupid as him would try to use explosives this early in the morning! The explosion came from a nearby forest, and you ran with al you’ve got. You made a mental note to make Varia pay for destroying your bike.

Finally, you reached the edge of Namimori. You stood on top of a cliff, the mountains and forests of Namimori before you. It was the perfect training ground.

Not far from where you stood, there was a gigantic crater on the ground. You decided to follow its direction. Once there, you arrived at a giant smoking clearing. The air was traced with the smell of explosives powder. And on the middle of the crater was a familiar figure with the trademark silver hair.

“G-Gokudera-kun!” You shouted as you ran towards him. “Stop, Kuroyuki-chan.” A voice stopped you. 

“Dr. Shamal! Aren’t you going to help him?”