Chapter 4: Olansk Station

Hera stood tall on the bridge of the Ghost with the rest of the crew stood before her.  "Okay, the chips are ready for use and the Phantom is fuelled up and ready to fly.  I've triple checked it and all of the systems are working so you shouldn't experience any problems in that sense while you're up there.  Just in case you need a quick exfill and you can't use the Phantom, Chopper and I will stay on comms and can get to you in under five minutes.  Now, go get your stormtrooper armour and get in the Phantom" she ordered whilst flicking on the comms in the cockpit and patting Chopper reassuringly.  Kanan already had his armour on and just placed the helmet over his head, even he was nervous for this mission.  Zeb, meanwhile, was having a little more difficulty fitting in the armour and moaned incessantly while pulling it on.  "Karrabast, who'd they design this stuff for anyway, midgets?" he muttered as he pulled one of the gauntlets over his fat hand.  Ezra and Sabine headed to their rooms quickly to change, Sabine because she had to take her Mandalorian armour off to get the stormtrooper outfit on and Ezra because he wasn't quite ready for Zeb's mocking about how stupid he looks in an Imperial cadet uniform.  As Ezra frustratingly tried to squeeze himself into the armour, Sabine walked in wearing just the overalls she'd normally have on underneath her pink Mandalorian armour.  "Oh good, before you say anything I really wanted to ask you something" Ezra said as he managed to get one leg into the uniform.  "I know we said just to be friends for now Sabine but please don't take any risks on this mission, I don't know what I'd do without you" he finished as he finally managed to get in the suit.  "I was just about to say the same thing Ezra, good luck" she replied hugging him tightly before returning to her room to get her cadet gear on.

The team gathered in the pokey interior of the Phantom and said their final goodbyes to Hera and Chopper before Sabine began the lift-off sequence.  "Like what I've done with the place?" she asked whilst pulling the flightsticks up dramatically, making the ship ascend swiftly.  "Not really" Zeb replied in a gruff and grumpy voice.  "No, me neither" she said jokingly, trying to keep the mood happy but not really succeeding.  The station quickly came into view as soon as they'd left the atmosphere of Ord Mantell and was instantly recognizable as an old Republic medical station.  The Empire may have painted it grey and repurposed it for their own vile needs but it still had a hint of its glory days on it, it was a hint that made Kanan feel both hope and sadness at the same time.  As soon as they came within communications range of the station, an Imperial officer's voice echoed throughout the Phantom.  "Ship 22134, your current trajectory is directed at our station.  What is your haul over?" he asked in a menacing tone.  Kanan quickly stepped up to the co-pilot's seat as it had been pre-agreed that he sounded the most like a stormtrooper and answered.  "This is ship 22134, we have on board two stormtroopers and two cadets from the Imperial Academy escorting a prototype new type of fast attack ship to Coruscant but we need to stop for fuel and supplies here" he replied in the most boring and robotic voice he could.  For a good few seconds that began to feel more like years an empty silence followed and the crew looked at each other worryingly.  Finally the officer replied.  "Your landing is authorized by the station commander ship 22134, head directly to bay 5 with no delays" he ordered before cutting communications.  Sabine moved aside so Kanan could take control of the ship as they had all agreed that a cadet pilot would seem too suspicious.

The Phantom touched down in the Imperial hangar with a slightly shaking landing due to Kanan's piloting inexperience causing some of the stormtroopers doing manoeuvres to turn and stare.  The crew nodded at one another and psyched themselves up for a few seconds before Ezra pressed a large red button on the wall near the back of the Phantom, opening the rear doors.  They re-arranged themselves into a standard Imperial formation, with Ezra and Sabine (the cadets) at the front and Kanan and Zeb (the stormtroopers) at the rear, before marching out of the ship.  An officer wearing drab grey clothing quickly met them and saluted making them feel compelled to salute back.  "Welcome to Olansk Station troopers, I trust your stay will not be long but is there anything you require while you're here?" he asked in an unusually friendly tone for an Empire official.  "Could you perhaps give us directions to the station commander's office? We have something to take up with him about our ship but are unfamiliar with this facility" Kanan replied as his heart raced.  "Of course, I'll send it to your HUDs...there we go, safe travels" the officer replied tapping on a small device on his wrist a few times and then walking away.  Kanan breathed a sigh of relief and tapped Ezra lightly on the back with his rifle to tell him to get moving.