Chapter Twenty Two - Waiting Game

Jack’s POV

I woke up in the morning, tangled in Alex’s arms. I slowly shifted my body over and looked across at his motionless, sleeping figure beside me. The sunlight streamed in through the gap in the curtains and lit the outline of Alex’s fluffy hair. I smiled, lifting my hand to his face, gently stroking his jawline. “I love you Lexy. You look so cute asleep.”

“Oh do I now?” Alex slowly opened his eyes and looked at me. “You were awake this whole time?!”

“I was watching you smile at me and it was rather adorable.”

“You sneaky little shit.”

“You love it though.” Alex smiled at me, knowing he was right. Yeah, I liked him being a sneaky little idiot. Only at times though. “I’ll take that silence as a huge yes!”

“That is it!” I grabbed the duvet and swung it over my head fast and threw it over the top of Alex’s body. I then repeated to poke him through the material. “I’m going to fucking kill you when I get out of here.”

“Okay, take your time.” I sat on top of the duvet, making it even more impossible for Alex to escape. “IT’S GETTING VERY SWEATY UNDERNEATH HERE!”

“I don’t care, it’ll just make you even more hot!” I felt his whole body slip forwards a bit. “Oh shit.” Suddenly he escaped from underneath the duvet and pounced on top of me, pinning my arms down so I couldn’t move.

Alex’s POV

I looked down into Jack’s eyes. I really wanted to terrorise him but then again I just wanted to kiss him. “Now, if I remember right Jack, you’re a very ticklish person?”

“DO NOT TICKLE ME. I’LL DO ANYTHING I SWEAR!”

“Like what?” I saw Jack’s expression twist and turn. I wonder what kind of thoughts were going through his mind. “You choose, I don’t care I just don’t want to be tickled.” I moved closer to Jack’s face. “I’m afraid I’m going to have to tickle you!” I grabbed both of his sides and tickled him lightly with the tips of my fingers. He wiggled and squirmed beneath me. “ALEX STOP!” I stopped, looking at Jack’s face. The smile on his face was the largest I had ever seen it. “This is the happiest I’ve seen you Jack.” I let go off his arms and relaxed my body on top of his. “It’s because I’m with you and finally just getting to spend time with you, my perfect boyfriend.” A surge of butterflies hit me when he said that word. I’d never heard it properly said from Jack before. I ran my fingers through his skunk hair and looked deep into his eyes. “You’re amazing Jack.”

“So are you Lexy.” I leant down to kiss him but the door to our room unlocked and Amanda walked in with a tray full of breakfast. “Oh lord, I’m sorry was I interrupting something?!” I shook my head whilst moving off Jack. “No, nothing at all.”

“Didn’t look like nothing to me.” She put down the tray full of breakfast on the table beside the bed. “I brought some food up for you two. I figured you’d both be awake by now. How was your sleep?”

“It was fine.” Amanda scanned both of our figures. “Did you two sleep together like that?”

“What do you mean?” Jack questioned, looking over to me with a confused expression. “You’re both just in boxers!”

“Yeah we did. We’re in a relationship together, of course we’re going to sleep like this!” She smiled, looking at us both. “Well I’ll let you boys eat your breakfast and get dressed. You’re free to do whatever you want to do today apart from you know, go outside the building grounds.” Jack and me nodded. Amanda left the room and I immediately kissed Jack on the cheek. “Cutie.”

“Don’t kiss me, eat your breakfast.”

Jack’s POV

I tucked my knees up on the bench outside in the yard, huddled into Alex’s side. He had his knees tucked up to his body too. My fingers were locked around his while we watched the Autumn leaves fall down from the trees in the breeze. “Doesn’t this remind you of back home in Baltimore?”

“What do you mean Lexy?” He sighed and looked at me. “The whole thing we’re doing right now. Holding hands, watching the leaves fall down from the trees. It’s everything that we used to do in the yard when we were back home.” Alex was right. “It’s nice though?”

“Yeah it is Jack but, it makes me miss home and my family.”

“Alex I don’t even have a family anymore.”

“Don’t be silly!” He ruffled my hair with his spare hand. “You have me. You’re a part of my families heart now too!” A small smile formed on my lips but then faded. “Alex I want to go back home.”

“So do I. Maybe we can soon when this has all blown over, yeah?”

“Yeah.” I tucked my head further into Alex’s side and wrapped my arm around his chest. I was having thoughts about just going back without Amanda’s permission, but I knew in my heart that Alex wouldn’t agree and that it would be dangerous.

I guess it was all just a waiting game…