FREYA

Freya lay awake next to Dorian in his bed. She woke up earlier than him deep in thought. Sleeping with him was not on her mind, she knew exactly how Dorian was and this was not to be considered a big issue.
She left his room and went to the guest room where all her luggage was stored. The curtains in the guest room were not closed and the early morning sun was shining brightly into the room. The sun made her blonde hair glow as she was brushing her hair and looking at herself in the mirror. She always kept her necklace on, she never took it off.
After she got dressed in her finest white dress, she left Dorian's house and made her way to the park.
She sat on the bench, watching the children play by the lake, couples holding hands while they walked and the elderly feeding the ducks by the lake.
"May I join you?" A voice asked from behind her.
She turned around, and a young man dressed smartly in a suit, with black-combed hair and a slim face was standing with a friendly smile.
"Of course," Freya said.
"Such a stunning day it is, did you know, today is actually my birthday, I am thirty today and I could not have wished for a more beautiful day," the young man said.
"Oh! Happy birthday!" Freya exclaimed.
"Thank you, may I know your name Ms?" The young man asked.
"Snow," Freya answered not giving her first name. "And your name sir?"
"Charles Drake," he answered.
Freya smiled.
"May I know your first name Ms. Snow?"
"Freya."
"Freya – the Norse god?"
"Correct," Freya said smiling.
"Well, Freya, how would you like to accompany me to get a cup of tea?" Charles asked.
"I would absolutely love that," Freya replied.

"The tea here is to die for," Charles stated.
"It is extremely nice, I will admit," Freya agreed.
"So, have you lived in London your whole life?" Charles asked.
"No, I live in America, I just came here to visit a close friend of mine, Dorian Gray," Freya replied.
"Oh, Dorian! Yes, he is a very wealthy man, you are very lucky to have him as a friend."
"What about you Mr. Drake, have you lived here your whole life?"
"No! I have travelled all over the world, you see I am a singer, there is just something about London that I love."
"A singer, do you do shows?"
"Yes, I am having one tonight at the beach actually, you should join."
"I will be seeing you tonight, then."
After the two had finished their cups of tea, Charles paid for them both and walked her to Dorian's house.
"Well, I shall see you in a couple of hours then," Charles said.
He kissed her on the hand and then left.
When Freya opened the door to Dorian's house, he was standing in the hall waiting for her.
"Next time, you should tell me when you leave please, it was very boring without you here," Dorian stated.
"I am sure it was," Freya said and laughed.
"I met this wonderful man named Charles Drake, he is a singer and he is having a show by the beach tonight, oh Dorian, we have to go!" Freya exclaimed.
"I fear you have some feelings for this Charles Drake," Dorian teased.
She pushed him against the chest softly and they both laughed.
"Well, then let us get ready," Dorian stated.

As Dorian and Freya made their way to the beachtheir arms locked around each other, wearing their finest clothes, they stoppedat the small stage settled on the beach and blankets where everywhere forpeople to sit, there was not a lot of people there, about twenty other people,but Freya liked it that way because she knew the night was going to be veryintimate and the sun was just about to reach sunset so the light was stillperfect
As she and Dorian sat on a blanket closest to the stage, they waited forCharles to perform.
He eventually stepped onto the stage.
"Good evening everyone, thank you all for coming, I hope you have a wonderfulnight!" Charles exclaimed.
Charles began to sing. Freya was stunned, his voice was beautiful. The wavesfrom the sea added to his voice as if he had back-up singers.
As he started to reach the chorus of his song, the waves seemed to grow louder andrise more.
Everyone began to stand, besides Dorian and Freya. While Charles was singing,he was staring directly at Freya. Everyone who was standing began walking tothe water.
"What is going on?" Freya asked.
"I have no idea," Dorian said.
Is this part of the show? Freya thought.
All the people were in the sea now and then they disappeared below the sea. Inthe distance, Freya could see glistens of things moving towards the people inthe sea. As they reached the people, the sea began to turn red.
Charles was still singing.
"We need to leave now!" Dorian exclaimed.
"Charles!" Freya exclaimed.
He stopped singing and stepped off the stage and made his way into the water,as he did so, his hair turned silver and then he disappeared into the water.
There was silence.
The shore was stained with blood and dead people with bite marks all aroundthem, women, children and men.