Chapter 3 - Wondering

CHAPTER 3 - WONDERING

Charlie's POV

It's Kim's birthday! What should I get her? There's no more time to buy. I'll just text 1D. Even if it's early there, it's alright as long as I'll be able to text them. Haha I'll just use iMessage. At Kim's house..... I was there in front of their doorstep. There were familiar faces inside already.

"Who is it?" Kim shouts from inside.

"Yo sistah. =P" I say.

"Who? Wait a sec."

"Kaykay."

She opens the door for me.

"Charles! Come in."

"Yeah thanks. You'll be delighted by my gift!"

"Cool. Where? What is it?"

"It's a surprise. Haha. Hey. I'll go up to your room. I'll just set it up."

"Wow. Set up? Ok. Ok. Just call me here downstairs."

"Ok."

I go up to her room to set up her laptop.

"Okay, guys. You have to be synchronized, k? Just be yourselves. I'll call her up."

I run down to call her.

"Kim! It's done!"

"Ok. Sure. I'll be there. I'm so excited!"

I cover her eyes while we're going to her room. When everything was prepared, I removed my hand.

"SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM!" The lads shout.

"OMG! Thank you Charles. Thank you lads!" Kim exclaims.

"You're welcome," we all say.

"It's, like, early in the morning there. How...?" Kim stutters.

"Charles told us about it yesterday," Harry says.

"Then she asked us if we can Skype at 12:15 GMT+8," Lou continues.

"We agreed since it's your birthday," Zayn says.

"Thank you so much!" Kim responds.

"It's nothing. We have nothing to do later morning anyway," Louis shoves the thought away.

"Cool. So, how long are you available?"

"Since it's about 6:15 am here, we have to rest by 7:30 then go eat breakfast at 8:30 am. We have a tour tonight," Niall relates.

"So, 1 hour," Liam concludes.

"You sure it's ok?" I ask. They might be in trouble for this. Or we may disturb them in the things they have to do. We also might be the reasons they lack rest.

"Yeah, of course," Zayn approves.

"God bless on your concert, by the way! =)" I say.

Kim shares to me that she really appreciated our efforts. "Gosh! I can't believe this! Am I dreaming? This is one of the best birthday gifts ever. Thanks, 1D and of course, you, Charles." The celebration continued and we were with our friends from our elementary school! And of course, it ended, too.

"Thank you for coming here," her mom tells the guests.

"It's nothing," one of us responds.

"Hey, girl. I have to go back home," I approach Kim.

"Oh ok."

"Bye!"

"Bye. :)"

So, as I went home, I had to do the chores mom told me to. I washed the dishes and swept the floor. It was really tiring. The spots I had a hard time to sweep wereunder the couch, behind the TV stand, and the corners of the kitchen. Thereafter, I rewarded myself a great job by logging in on Facebook.