Chapter 10: Surprise

Lexi's POV

Lexi's POV

It was finally Friday night. I made it through the week without getting killed by any of the Mendes army. Shawn and I have talked all week. He said he was really sorry he couldn't come up for my birthday. At like 8, he said he had to go and wouldn't be able to text for the rest of the night. I thought that was weird but I ignored it. Angel was staying the night at my house and I was really excited about it. I would be 18 in a couple hours.

I heard my door bell ring so I ran downstairs to answer. Sarah beat me to the door and let Angel in. She ran up to hug me and then went with me to my room. Angel and I turned on Matt's new movie and started watching it. After the movie was over we started painting each others nails when she suddenly got a text.

Angel's POV

We were painting each others nails and talking about how fun tomorrow would be and how we were going to spend spring break together in LA. Suddenly, I got a text and I knew it was from one of the boys. Lexi gave me a weird look but ignored it and started watching the movie we had put on.

Cam: Hey, babe we just landed and we're going to stay in a hotel since you won't be home tonight. Just text us the address later and we'll show up around 5:30, half an hour after the party starts.

Angel: Sounds good! Don't forget Shawn is singing for her party. He's going to start singing over facetime then he's going to walk in the room and surprise her. Anyways got to go, she's getting suspicious. Bye see ya tomorrow.

Soon we both fell asleep. She wasn't even ready for the surprise coming.

Next Morning

Lexi's POV

I woke up the next morning and Angel was already out of bed. I put on the dress I was wearing for my party. I curled my hair and did my makeup. I was ready for the party and it was only 2. I have 3 hours until my party.

I walked downstairs and saw Angel helping my mom get ready for my party. I started helping them set everything up. The party was really starting to come together and I was really excited. Angel was checking her phone a lot. She's probably waiting for Cam to text her back. They've been texting a lot lately.

Walking into the kitchen, I found lots of food for the party and when I opened the fridge to get juice I saw my cake. Wow I can't believe it, I am a legal adult. I can vote. Now I have to get a real job. Just until I sing the duet with Shawn this summer. I wonder what he's doing right now, he hasn't texted me at all today.

Shawn's POV

I am just now getting ready for her party and I have 45 minutes until I have to be there. Cam is already ready. He's nervous too because he was meeting Angel for the first time. Finally it was time for us to leave for the party.

We were soon outside of her house. I grabbed my guitar and put her gift inside of my pocket. Cam's phone started vibrating and it was Angel calling him. I could here Angel telling her what was going on.

Shawn: Hey, Lexi! I'm really sorry I couldn't be there right now but I'm going to sing this song for you. 

I promise that one day I'll be around 

I'll keep you safe 

I'll keep you sound

Right now it's pretty crazy

And I don't know how to stop or slow it down

Hey I know there are some things we need to talk about

And I can't stay

Just let me hold you for a little longer now

That was my cue to walk inside. Cam opened the door while he held the camera on me and everyone turned around to look at us\

Take a piece of my heart 

And make it all your own

So when we are apart

You'll never be alone

I set my guitar down and Lexi came and jumped into my arms. I hugged her tightly. I set her down and she kissed me in front of everyone, including Sarah who is a huge fan of me. I blushed slightly and everyone awed. I grabbed her gift out of my pocket and she absolutely loved it. I'm glad she did.

Cam's POV

This is the first time I have ever met Angel' and I am very nervous. She walked up to me and hugged me and I hugged her back.

Angel: Well it's nice to finally meet you in person. And I'm glad we get to spend Spring Break together. It'll be fun.

Cam: Definitely. But I'm thinking it'll be more fun if we hang out as boyfriend and girlfriend. What do you say?

Angel: If this is your way of asking me out, then yes times a million!

After she said yes, she kissed my cheek and ran off to tell Lexi. She looked so cute when she was hyper. Now we can all hang out over spring break. This is going to be awesome.

 This is going to be awesome

(Bracelet Shawn gave Lexi)