Chapter 4 (Part 1 of 2)

“Game Plan” 

2013 Copyright All Rights Reserved 

Chapter 4 (Part 1 of 2)

Dirk couldn’t have been more pleased with himself.  After Jenna’s unexpected visit ruined the rest of his day, he drove straight to the lawyer’s office that she’d suggested he see.  As he pulled into the parking lot his cell phone rang.  At first he wasn’t going to take the call but when he glanced down at the caller ID he saw Jet’s name light up and figured he’d better answer because Jet was supposed to flying back in tonight.

For five minutes he listened calmly as Jet reminded him to pick them up from the airport promptly at six. He tended to be pretty anal about things like this.  It irritated the hell out of Dirk that he acted like he wasn’t competent enough to remember something as simple as a time to pick up his best friend and his new wife up from their honeymoon. 

He then spent the next five minutes reassuring Jet that he would be at airport at six to pick them up.  Towards the end of the conversation something or rather someone that he thought looked familiar caught his attention out of the corner of his eyes. When he looked closer he realized that he remembered this certain someone because she owned an incredible pair of legs that he wouldn’t ever be able to forget.  Not only that, she had a curvaceous little backside that he wouldn't mind exploring himself a little more intimately.

It was none other than the very beautiful and intriguing, Chelsy Lawson. 

He grinned.  His day was suddenly looking a hell of a lot brighter.  After the wedding last week he’d looked for her, intending to her ask her out on a formal date but she’d done a Houdini act on him and vanished into thin air. 

He wouldn’t be deterred though.  He felt deep down that she the one for him.  He wanted her more than he’d ever wanted anyone in his life and that was saying a lot. 

At first, he had planned to wait for Mary to get back from her honeymoon.  He then planned to sweet talk her sister’s number out of her.  But then all of this shit came up with this Ariana chick and he knew he would have to deal with her first. 

But sometimes fate works in mysterious ways.  Maybe seeing Chelsy here was a sign.  He wouldn't have to go through Mary to reach her.  He could work his magic charm on her directly and after he told his side of the story, maybe he'd even win a few sympathy points along the way.

With a plan forming in his head he was now standing in a conference room with Chelsy and her boss.  

She'd been shocked when she first saw him.  That much was clear. And now that they were alone she wouldn’t even look at him. She was staring at the door her boss just walked out of, trying to process everything that just happened. 

It was time to bring her attention back to him.  “Chelsy, right?”

She spun around, her loose hair swinging freely with the motion until those intelligent eyes settled back on him. 

His mouth quirked. He couldn’t help but to notice how adorable she looked when she was rattled.  He’d bet his 1969 prized corvette that Chelsy Lawson was probably the most put together person he’d ever encountered. 

She narrowed those same eyes on him.  “Excuse me?”

“I said your name is Chelsy.  Remember? I’m Dirk and we met at your sister’s wedding.”

She threw her shoulders back and screwed up her face into a scowl.  “I know who you are Mr. Curry and for future notice, its Ms. Lawson to you. This is a professional relationship and I expect you to afford me the respect that a professional relationship requires.”