Chapter 2 (Part 2 of 2)

“Game Plan”

2013 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 2 (Part 2 of 2)

Chelsy sat back in her chair and fingered the cold cocktail shrimp scattered on her plate.  The wedding ceremony had been simply amazing. The bride was exquisite, the groom looked like he had walked straight out of GQ Magazine and the best man, well, he didn’t look too shabby either.

Dirk Curry aka Jet’s wing-man was the hunky best man that stopped her earlier.  She knew well who he was the moment she laid eyes on him at the rehearsal dinner.  She purposefully laid low just so she wouldn’t have to talk to the famous playboy football player.  She’d watched enough TMZ and read plenty from the tabloids to know that he was a man with a huge appetite for beautiful women.  And because of his good looks, country boy charm and celebrity credibility, he would never lack in his choice of this type of woman either.

International models, gorgeous actresses and pampered heiresses were just a few of the types of women that made up his repertoire.  Women that were obviously out of her league, not that she wanted to be included anyway.

He was the exact type of man that she’d promised herself she would stay away from.  He could bat those smoky eyes of his and smile that charismatic grin all he wanted to, she wasn’t falling for his game.

She’d already been there, done that and bought the tee-shirt as a souvenir. 

Mel had taught her a life lesson that she would never forget.  She learned that macho athletic men like Dirk Curry and Mel Grizinsky were a complicated breed of their own.  A breed that she planned on staying far, far away from.

Nope, there was no way in hell that she was going down that road again.

Glancing out at the dance floor she spotted her sister and Jet, arms wrapped around each other.  The way that Jet stared into Mary’s eyes told her that he was a man very much in love. 

Chelsy bit off the head of the shrimp she was holding.  It was cold and tasteless in her mouth.  She chewed slowly and continued to watch the bride and groom spin around the floor. 

Soon she found herself idly wondering if there was a man like that out there for her.  A man that would look into her eyes as if she was the only person that existed in his world.  

She really didn’t think there was.  What Mary and Jet found together was something special, unique. It was a once in a lifetime type of love that only happened to one in a gazillion people.  If she was lucky she would find a man that she could be good friends with at best.  He would be a regular guy that she wouldn’t be afraid to start a family with.  When that man came along she would then begin to count her blessings.

Her gaze drifted across the dance floor and suddenly she could feel eyes on her.  She caught sight of Dirk and sure enough, he was staring right at her, grinning from ear to ear.  He had a glass of champagne in his hand and lifted it in her direction, toasting her.

Chelsy frowned and looked away.  Why was he even looking at her like that? She wasn’t a famous model or an actress or even remotely as beautiful as any of his latest conquests.  She was a paralegal for crying out loud and she’d all but dismissed him earlier.  Couldn’t he take a hint? She wasn’t interested in being the next notch on his bedpost.

“You look like you’re deep in thought,” Mary said, taking a seat beside her.  Jet pulled out the chair in front of her and sat down. He reached for her sister’s hand and brought it up to his lips, placing sweet butterfly kisses on each one of her knuckles.