Chapter 6: A New World

~Chapter 6~

A New World

We moved a little closer at the precipice and saw small buildings laying beneath us. I think they are big but of course they look small when you are standing up high and above it. Things happened so fast. What would be our life here? What about my friends that I had left behind? After a few seconds, Anthony looked at me and with a curious sad face.

 “So you were really telling the truth about that magic stuff.  How long have you been hiding this to me?”

  “I’ve just discovered that I had powers too in about a day ago. I couldn’t tell you at first because when I told you something about a man disappearing, you didn’t believe me, but I understand that and I did try to tell you though. Even I couldn’t believe myself for having this…”

 “How did you know?”

  “I first discovered it in our history class. I accidentally moved the globe on the teacher’s desk and I saw my eyes glowed when I looked at the window. But before I did that, there was a husky voice in my head. The voice was commanding me to focus at the globe –

I stopped when we heard a huff. It’s Kobe. He moved closer to us but I swear, I didn’t see him earlier there.

  “Kobe.” We both said.

  “How’d you get here?” Anthony said. The dog backed off a little and sat across us.

  “Welcome to Grahn Wittsberg City.” Kobe said. He has a child-like tone. It looks like he is only a kid. 

Anthony and I looked at each other with a shock. My mouth dropped open even if Mr. Agustus already warned me about that – that he can talk – but of course it’s different when I first heard it.

  “The dog can talk?!” Anthony grimaced, grabbed me at my wrist and he took a step back.

  “Don’t be afraid, I won’t hurt you. I am one of the guardians here in Grahn Wittsberg. Agustus sent me to be the guardian you two.”

  “Who’s Agustus? What are you talking about? Dogs can’t speak and –

  “Anthony It’s fine.” I pulled away from him.“I already met Mr. Agustus last night when you saw me outside our house. He’s the one who said that I should go home with you earlier.”

 “So that’s why you were up last night. But I don’t get it, why am I here? Do I have powers like them too?”

  “Yes, you have. You haven’t tested it yet because you don’t focus on things unlike Lara. You two need to come with me to the sorcery school. Someone is waiting for you two.” He started moving and we followed him.

We walked in silence for a while. The place is beautiful like a paradise. I never thought such place exists. I’d better get used to weird stuffs since my history class. The cool wind weaved into the tree tops. Lively green colored grass and different types of trees surrounded the area. We have reached the end, another precipice, but there’s a long stairs to the left. We started to go down and Anthony didn’t protest about the long way down.

“Where’s Mr. Agustus? And where did you come from? I didn’t see you earlier with us. What do you mean by our guardian? Where is the school exactly?” I sputtered and broke the silence.

  “Lara you have so many questions! Which one do you want me to answer first?”

  “Start with my first question.”

  “Agustus is on your town fighting the bad sorcerers. He is helping Mr. and Mrs. McKinley. The bad sorcerers are called Ahriman sorcerers. And you were wondering where I’d come from? I was in a morph of a white décor. You did see me hanging on Anthony’s door knob and Mrs. McKinley threw me along with you guys in here. I didn’t morph right after we got in because I don’t want to frighten the two of you. And don’t worry about them; they are one of the top sorcerer’s here. Agustus is the one who established this school; he is the most powerful sorcerer yet.”