Prologue

PROLOGUE

No one believed in magic. Like others would just say that you’re a fool for believing such wasteful and nonsense things. Why would anyone possess such power? He would just use it to become a leader and the most powerful human on earth, or he can continue on developing it and teach students to believe and use it for good.

A man inherited an incredible power from a mystical one. It’s a mystery that even he who was given doesn’t know the solely person who gave him the gift. He doesn’t know if that was human or pretending to be a human.

     “I gave this to you to protect, to help and to use it for good. I’ve been looking out for you, spying on you, making sure that I won’t make a mistake by giving you a responsibility that only a worthy man can do.”

      “Why did you choose me? I am just an ordinary man with nothing.”

      “You have everything, everything that you possess is the qualities a good, a wise and a worthy man must have.”

      “How could I do this? Why did you even have to give it to me?”

      “You are indeed a worthy person. I saw something in you, even if you don’t have anything, you still continue on helping people. You give your food that you have worked hard to the one who is sick and helpless. You did that because you know that you are still strong and you can still work hard again to get the food. I find that really brave and worthy.

“You have a mission to accomplish. You need to find a person, the good apprentice that will defeat the evil forces that will try to awaken the dead, and my rival, Ahriman. He is really powerful and seeks more power that no one can stoop to his level and he will be invincible. He’s been captured for two hundred years and he escaped from all the powerful sorcerers guarding him. Of course he had help and I know he also has his own apprentices.”

     “I want to help in every way that I can but, I just don’t think I can do it.”

Laughing with amazement, “I know you can that’s why I chose you. My time is limited and I need to go now.”

    “Wait! How will I know if I am doing the right thing? Where would I start? Can I still see you? Is the good apprentice a boy or a girl?”

    “We will meet again when the time is right. For now, start practicing your power and when you do, find your apprentice. You will know that that certain person is the good and powerful apprentice if you test his ability. I cannot tell you if your apprentice will be a boy or a girl. If you see the inner fire within him, then that is the one you are searching for.” His voice is fading as well as his appearance… disappearing.

    “Wait Mister, I still have loads of questions! You haven’t even told me your name! In fact, I still haven’t told you mine as well!”

    “You humor me young one. All of your questions will be answered, everything needs patience and discipline. Sapientes stulti non adquievit… So long…” Completely vanishing as the light flashed between the man and the mystical one.

  “Wait!” the man exclaimed and saw the figure smiled at him, appeased.

The man obeyed what the mystical one had said and practiced.

Years and years of practicing, years of patience and discipline but still left him confused until one day, he found a resolve that he is the only one who can really help the mystical one. He focused and still enhanced his skills even more.

The time has come when he mastered it and he is now ready to begin his search for the chosen apprentice. He had established a school, hidden among the eyes of the innocent humans.

He noticed something about being a sorcerer. He saw a kid who can do things that only he knows how to do and how to use but the kid don’t have any control of it.

The kid became his first apprentice and taught him well. But the man knew that he’s not the one he is looking for, still, he continued on searching the ones with magical skills and still searching for the right person, the powerful person who can defeat Ahriman.

 Fifty years went by, and he is still searching …