Chapter 4: Agustus

Chapter 4

Agustus

I heard something, a scratching noise. I opened my eyes and saw that I was facing the window with the sun shining brightly. Now wonder my dream was that bright. I heard a soft growl of a dog, I saw Kobe. He was the one making the noise. I stretched my arms, stood up and rubbed my eyes.

  As I yawned, I said “Kobe, why are you scratching the door?” I approached him and crouched. He stopped scratching and turned to look at me. He moved closer and licked my hand.

 “Do you want to go out now? I have to fix myself, take a bath and go to school first. We’ll go search for your owner when I get back okay?” I don’t know why but it seems like he understands what I am saying. He moved away from the door and he rested himself on the mat. I heard a soft knock outside my door.

   Anthony stuck his head in the door. “Lara, are you up?”  

   “Yeah, I just woke up.” he looked like he just woke up too.

  He sighed “Look, I’m sorry about what happened yesterday. I –

 He froze and quickly looked at the dog and then back at me with a questioning look.

   “He’s name is Kobe, I found him last night. And don’t worry about what happened yesterday, it’s cool.” I tried to smile to let him know that I had forgiven him.

   “Uh-huh. And what were you doing staying up late last night?”

    “Well, I couldn’t sleep so I decided to go to the garden for some fresh air then I saw him there. And I broke an empty pot too.”

   He folded his arms on his chest and leaned at the wall. “Don’t worry about the pot.” He smiled.

 “So what are you going to do now? Keep him?” Kobe stood up and move towards Anthony, he is rubbing his head on Anthony’s leg. Anthony crouched down and patted Kobe’s head.

  “I am planning on returning him to his owner after school. I really don’t know his name. He has a collar but it’s blank, nothing was written there so I gave him a name. It’s easier for me to call him and he seems to like it.”

  “Would you like some assistance?” he looked at the dog and he was playing Kobe’s hair.

  “Sure. I mean maybe he came from far away.”

  “Hey don’t get the wrong idea that I am doing this for you. I am doing this because of this cute little guy over here.”

   I looked at him shocked that he would say that. “I was just kidding, Lara. I don’t want anything to happen to you, remember?” he moved closer and ruined my hair.  

 “You should’ve seen your reaction! Haha! ”

I flushed.

I laughed and he did too.

  We moved down the kitchen and into the dining table. Kobe followed us. Kobe moved straight to Mrs. McKinley and wiggling its tail.   

  “Well, what do we have here, a dog? Where did you found him?” she crouched down to hold Kobe and patted his head.

  “He’s name is Kobe. Lara found him last night in the garden.” Anthony said.

  “Well is he lost? Does he have any owner? We can keep him if you like.”

  “I am going to look for his owner after school. And Kobe’s not his real name. I just gave him a name and he seemed to like it. And besides, even if he has a collar, there wasn’t any name lying in it.”