Chapter 2: The Unexplained

Chapter 2

The Unexplained

Criiing! Criiing!

The bell rang and we dashed down the hallway, and gone to our separate ways to go to our class.

I opened the door, and I saw Mr. Newton, our history teacher. Mr. Newton is a short wrinkly man who loves history. He has eyeglasses like harry potter, but his lenses were thick, way too thick. I flinched as I remembered that maybe I’ll be having eyeglasses soon because I am spending a lot of time on my computer or reading books. I sat down the nearest seat and settled myself in.

Mr. Newton began discussing to us the knowledge about the globe, teaching us different famous places in many countries. It seemed so fascinating. He explained it with wide a happy face, and he seems to be exited to share all the things that he knows. He mentioned something in India. That really caught my attention. He had mentioned about a goddess named “Durga”, the beautiful goddess of India, powerful and invincible. He also said that she had a tiger named “Damon”. There were myths about them and about the tiger’s amulet, the amulet that gives incredible power.

Our teacher gave a us a pop quiz and I prepared a paper to jot down my answers. After that pop quiz, Mr. Newton announced that we could have the remaining time as he check the papers.

I suddenly shift my gaze and stared at the globe resting at the teacher’s desk. I don’t know why but I feel different today, maybe because I am still sleepy that I moved my hands at the top of my desk to rest my head on top of it.

I was focused at the globe for a moment and then a silent ambiance overwhelmed my head. I heard a voice, a husky soft voice. It’s not a familiar voice I’d say. I couldn’t even tell where it was coming from.

It’s ordering me to move the globe.

I thought, how?

“foocuussss… foocuuss.” The husky voice said.

 “Learn to control… the power exists…”

Uh – huh, power? What power? I decided to try it and I focused at the globe. It wouldn’t hurt right? In a blink of an eye, the globe moved. Nobody saw it because they were all talking and roaming inside the room. Or maybe someone did but didn’t care at all. I tried it again, focused and thinking of moving it a little further and with more juice.  Something startled me.

I saw a reflection of my eye in the window. It glowed and turned like the color of a fire, flickering!

My eyes are flickering like fire!  

I feel tingling power inside me. Like something bubbling inside your body. It’s creepy but it feels like you have loads of strength and loads of power. It was just like in my dream. I was afraid that my hand would produce lightning like what happened in my dream and I looked away from the window and the globe.

I lost focus because of what I saw and the globe moved like it was thrown by a mad man when I lost control.

I shut my eyes closed and inhaled deeply. I cracked them open and looked at the window again.

It was gone.

My eyes were normal again.

Everyone became silent – as if some bad news were announced that got all their attention – when the globe was thrown at the floor. Then the bell rang and broke the silence.

   “Ah-hem, goodbye class. That was just a wind.” Mr. Newton said.

But even he knows that there weren’t any wind roaming around the room earlier.