Chapter Eight

*Jim's POV*

I brushed my teeth and put my pyjama pants on in a daze before climbing into bed and staring at the ceiling in the dark, my heart alight with thoughts of Spock.

Spock is mine, and I'm going with him to Vulcan. All my worrying about him leaving me has been for nothing, I won't be alone anymore.

Worried thoughts of my mother rose to my mind but were quickly banished. She has always worked in hunting down and capturing both aliens and rebels. I hoped that after Sam was killed she would realise how horrible the world is and come back home, but instead she threw herself into her work with even more determination then before. So I don't feel as bad about leaving her as I probably should.

I'm not in contact with any of my old friends anymore so I don't feel particularly bad about leaving them either. They probably won't even know I'm gone.

The door creaked open and I turned my head to see Spock creeping in. The bed dipped as he climbed in next to me and he met my eyes uncertainly.

"Spock, creeping into my bedroom late at night? How scandalous" I teased lightly and he looked slightly hurt. "I can leave if it makes you uncomfortable, but I promise to stay on one side of the bed if you allow me to stay."

"Spock, I was joking. I don't mind." I reassured him and he looked pleased. "Thank you Jim. Being close to you makes me very happy."

"It makes me happy too Spock. Goodnight." I turned on my side, facing away from him as he mumbled a 'goodnight' back.

There was a long stretch of silence between us and I shifted awkwardly, wishing I hadn't turned away so that I could see his face, to gauge what he was thinking.

"You know, you really don't have to stay on one side-" Spock moved before I could finish and slipped an arm around my waist, pulling me back against his chest gently.

A grin spread across my face and I wriggled a bit to get more comfortable, tangling our legs together and resting my arm on top of his.

He intertwined our fingers and I let out a yawn, more comfortable then I can ever remember feeling - and suddenly feeling like I could sleep for a week.

The last thing I remember before I fell into a deep slumber is Spock gently kissing the top of my head and muttering something in Vulcan.

.............

I woke up in pretty much the same position as I fell asleep in last night.

"Good morning Ashaya" Spock muttered in my ear, rubbing our fingers together softly. It certainly wasn't an unpleasant sensation.

I stretched against him and yawned. "How long have you been awake?" I noticed the bright light seeping under the curtains and became fully awake. "Shit, what time is it?"

"I have been awake for a few hours, it is approximately 1pm."

"1pm? Well shit." His other words suddenly clicked and I twisted around to stare at him accusingly. "A few hours? Why didn't you wake me?"

Spock looked a little sheepish and looked away. "I like watching you sleep, besides you were tired - you needed the extra rest."

I blinked a few times and shook my head slightly. "Yeah, cause that's not creepy at all.".

He tilted his head and examined me with a slight frown. "You look very beautiful when you sleep Ashayam"

I let out a quiet laugh and he looked relieved. "You're adorable" I told him and kissed his cheek lightly before leaving his embrace and getting out of bed.

He stretched out on the bed and gazed at me while I started rummaging through my drawer for clothes.

"What?" I asked and he looked away with a green blush. "Sorry" he replied quickly - too quickly.

I eyed Spock, my curiosity piped as the Vulcan shifted uncomfortably under my questioning gaze.

Spock cleared his throat nervously. "We need to think of a plan to get out of here, for which we both need to be able to concentrate. Please put on a shirt."

I smirked seductively and turned to face the distracted Vulcan fully. "Like what you see?" I taunted, taking a few steps towards the bed.

Spock gulped and averted his eyes. "I thought that much was obvious Jim.'

My eyes instantly softened and I felt the predatory look slip from my face as I chuckled. "Oh Spock, you're too cute and innocent for words."

I placed a gentle kiss on Spock's
forehead and turned away again, throwing a shirt on and smirking internally at the sigh that was half relieved, and half disappointed.

"Well then, let's plan" I purposely added a slight sway to my hips as I walked out the door, fully aware that I caused the soft wimper that managed to escape Spock.

Oh I'm enjoying this alright.