o n e

*:・゚

quiet. serene. slightly chilly. a classic morning in the archibald household. 

until a princess returns. light, purposeful footsteps sneak into the bedroom of golden boy, nathaniel archibald. the silence is calm and only pierced by the occasional snore from the sleeping inhabitant. and the announcing whispers of a certain leggy intruder.

"nate, nathaniel, oi. i'm back." as if dead to the world, aeria's words are met without a response. and she elects to take more drastic measures. slowly creeping onto the king mattress, she lifts herself onto her feet and acts very maturely. she begins to jump up and down, shouting her twin's name.

"nate, nate, nate, nate, nate" the loud, commanding voice and the accidental, possibly injury-inducing, contact between a foot and a certain sensitive area of the male genitalia immediately roused the boy out of his beauty sleep. wincing from a pounding hangover, the inevitable result of a night out with chuck, and the pain of the attack on his manhood, he rubbed his eyes and looked up at the mischievous, smiling face of his sister.

"aeria! what are you doing back? i thought you'd be in monte carlo for at least a week more" he jumped up to join his sister and envelope her in a bone-crushing hug.

"i missed you," nate's eyebrow raised in suspicion, "and also i finished up the shoot early."

"did you bring me anything?" he asked reminding her of the long-held tradition of buying each other gifts when travelling without one another. her eyes sparkled in mystery.

"maybe," she said as she reached down to the floor beside the bed and fished her hand into her new handbag. "close your eyes. please." taking his hands, she pressed a small, beautifully wrapped package into them. "ok, now you can open them."

carefully unwrapping the white paper, nate opened the box and was greeted with a waft of sweet chocolate.

"chocolate from...?"

"that belgium chocolate suite you absolutely love. i thought you would appreciate some sweetness in your life. i especially asked the pilot to go off-route and stop over in brussels. i would've been here sooner but i stayed a couple extra days to shop around just a little bit."

"thank you so much. so tell me, what'd you do in monte carlo?" the siblings leant against the bed head, opening the chocolate and digging in.

"well, obviously i worked. i mean, the whole point of the trip was to finish up the catalog for coach. but i managed to entertain myself." she smirked to herself as she took a bite of the chocolate.

"entertain yourself, how? if i remember correctly, gossip girl seems to be under the impression you barely left your hotel except for a couple parties and for work." nate said, indicating the map gossip girl had permanently on her site tracking aeria and her 'scandalous' doings.

"well, let me just say it wasn't my hotel i didn't leave." she laughed melodically and in response, was pushed off her brother's bed onto the rug.

"hahah, now go get changed. we got school. or do you need reminding of what that is?" they both continued to laugh as they each headed to their respective rooms to get ready for the day ahead.

returning to her room, aeria looked around at the familiar surroundings. flicking her eyes towards her calendar, she noticed the following day's date with a reminder - blair's masquerade ball.

"hey! the ball's tomorrow? who's gonna be my escort?" calling out to nate, aeria looked through an old portfolio of her last modelling job. rules had been made that aeria needed an escort to parties, clubs, whatever. she just needed supervision so she wouldn't end up doing something stupid to damage the family name.

"i'll see what i can do. i doubt i'll find anyone willing to be ditched by you. usually, when they go out with you, they expect to at least see you later on in the night."

rolling her eyes, aeria quipped back with a reply

"it's not my fault. they're always so boring! no sense of fun, no need to forget anything. i need someone who doesn't give a damn, can at least figure out a beat and is willing to get a bit loose."

"if you need to, i bet chuck would take you if you asked him to." aeria made a point to gag loudly as she cringed from the mere thought of going on anything that resembled a date with chuck bass. they weren't friends, or at least they pretended not to be.

"let's just get school over with before i have to go through that whole scenario. if you can't find anyone i'll call in a favour. at least i have a dress." with that, she stepped into her bathroom and turned on the shower.

*:・゚