f o u r

*:・゚

a glistening bracelet. impressed words. a finally clothed heir. 

"little jenny humphrey manages to get my pants off and have me not enjoy it. quite the accomplishment." chuck seemed almost impressed at the feat little j had managed to pull off, staring at the diamond bracelet as if commanding it to reveal jenny's darkest secrets. 

"would she seriously consider even kissing you, chuck? she, like every freshman, knows your reputation." aeria laughed at the memory of chuck, helpless on the roof in his boxers and singlet.

blair turned around, before heading to the car, and looked at the two.

"good thing aeria saw her coming from that staircase, or you'd still be up on that roof. and, no. i don't want to know what you had to do to get that tux." chuck looked at aeria pointedly, almost gloating, causing blair to roll her eyes not even wanting to imagine what aeria did to 'help'.

"it was just a kiss." aeria quickly defended herself, wanting to keep whatever dignity she had left. 

"that lasted two minutes." chuck interjected making blair sigh exasperatedly, and laugh at her best friend.

"he was good! is that so horrible?" rolling her eyes, aeria came to her own defence as chuck clearly wasn't going to,"look, i got you looking decent enough to walk the streets. you should be thanking me."

the line of limo's sat on the kerb, waiting for drunk and mind-addled teens to occupy them.

"this is me." blair farewelled as she walked towards the nearest limo

nate turned to chuck and aeria

"alright, i'll see you both in the am." the silver-masked golden boy went to join blair only to be stopped by the queen b. 

"oh. no way is blair letting him go with her." directed towards chuck beside her, aeria commented on the sudden stop and confusion on her brother's face.

"and why not?" chuck was admittedly slightly curious.

"he had one job. and that was to find her by midnight. but he fucked up, so..."

"no blair for him." he came to the conclusion just as blair swept into her limo, alone.

"exactly." aeria walked over to her brother, and chuck joined her. looking over to the next limo, aeria saw kati, is and serena's former date all crowding inside the vehicle. 

"well. at least somebody's having a good night." with that last sentence, chuck made his exit towards his limo.

"i'll go with him and make sure he goes back to the palace. i think i'll crash at his suite. don't do anything stupid" after a quick hug,  aeria waved down the bass's limo and climbed in to join the occupant. leaning on his shoulder, she listened to chuck telling the driver to carry on.

"what are you doing?" chuck looked down at the visibly worn blonde, clinging to his arm. 

"i wanted to make sure you got back to palace okay. i was thinking we could order some food and watch some movies. or drink and talk."  she collapsed even further into chuck's lap, "i just can't be bothered going home, my parents haven't even noticed i'm back in the country." 

"you're welcome to stay in my suite, but i'm in charge of the movies." chuck's face showed a sort of sympathy. a rare addition to his features.

"deal," a heavy sigh escaped her lips, "god, i can't believe how tactless our parents are. i mean, sometimes, i wonder what if we'd been normal kids, with normal lives and normal parents who cared more about us than money and reputations," her head turned upwards to chuck's eyes, "is that stupid?"

he stroked her hair "no," he smiled sadly, "i wonder the same things sometimes"

*:・゚

loud laughter. empty bottles. a pillow fort. and two teenagers, both clothed in pairs of the male's pyjamas. 

" ... and that is why sherlock is absolutely gay for watson." these drunk activities had been going on for 2 hours. they'd moved on from never have i ever, a pretty short game as there wasn't much either participant hadn't done, to explanations on literary characters supposed sexuality.

"how did you go from saying croissants are made on the moon ... to explaining to me why sherlock holmes is gay?" the sweet, honey-like giggles that erupted from aeria were followed by chuck's deep, rolling laugh. the couch shook from the rough quivering movement that was aeria's body rolling across the cushions and abruptly tumbling off the furniture. 

leaning on the back of the chaise-lounge, chuck bent over laughing and forward rolled onto the floor,  joining aeria. the giggles and chuckles continued as both lay on the carpet, clutching the sore spots they had landed on. aeria's pearly whites were gleaming in chuck's direction, as she smiled and spoke.

"i missed you, charlie. I haven't laughed like that in months." her eyes fluttered closed, yawning in the process. a draw of breath before she muttered a faint, "nighty night"

"night, ri." he left her for a few minutes before scooping her up and bringing her to the bed and tucking her in. pressing his lips to her forehead, he walked back to the couch and lay down closing his eyes. 

*:・゚