The Truth

My eyes popped open and I quickly sat up straight taking note that the room I was currently in was not mine it was pure white with metallic hints here and there. The room was very beautiful, my eyes take in all of my surroundings until finally they drifted to the couch in the far corner I had to do a double take as my eyes locked on the figure sitting in the chair.
I almost screamed. Almost. What I assumed to be a older woman with long white hair with her back toward me as she hummed a familiar tune it sounded like the lullaby that my mother put me to bed with when I was younger. It looked as if she was folding something.

"Well are you going to speak child." The women said her voice held wisdom in it like she knew everything the world had to offer I waited for her to speak again she paused in her actions and shifted a little to the side but I could only see half of her face "I know you're awake mon bébé" she spoke up again I continued to stare at her until I got enough courage to say something back "who the hell are you and where am I." she turned to me so fast she almost gave me whiplash "watch your mouth child before I slap the taste out of it."

I gasped as I looked into her eyes that were glowing white "I did not speak to you in such a manner so you will not speak to me in such I am your grandmother you will show some respect." Her eyes went to being a deep brown as she stood up and to calming breaths, when I realized what she said I started to actually take a good look at her and she looked exactly like my mother from her wide eyes to her smooth chocolate skin even her petty height; she couldn't be taller then me and I was only 5 '1 I smiled at her a little at her she was far from being old and then I frowned when I remembered what my mother told me this lady was lying to me "My grandmother died in a terrible accident Miss so you couldn't be my granny" I stated as a matter of fact. It was her turn to smile at me and that's when I saw her resemblance to me "Is that what your mother told you child" I looked at her suspiciously but nodded my head anyway, "well that is true I am dead and you are dreaming." We stared at each other for a long moment until she turned away and walked back toward the couch and resumed folding I wanted to believed her I mean all of the signs were there me waking up in a room that's not mine, her being here, us having this very real conversation but me being the stubborn Scorpio I am I wanted to question her even more. "If your really my grand mother than tell me something that only our family would know" I sassed crossing my arms over my chest. She turned to me with a sly smirk on her face which in turn made mine drop, I squinted my eyes at her. "Well when you were 12 you almost died because your side of the car was struck by a SUV truck in a major car accident that's why you kinda of have a acute fear of driving" she stated in a matter of fact.
"Oh and another thing you lost your virginity to an asshole named now what was that child's name oh yea Fred-" "ok ok that's enough I believe you" I said cutting her off I turned round and walked to sit on the edge of the bed plopping down I let out a long sigh "So what's going on why are you here?" I asked her letting out an exhausted sigh while rubbing at my eyes how am I tired even within a dream that doesn't even make sense I blame this damn pregnancy I put my feet up and lie back on the king sized bed and closed my eyes and waited for her to talk.
"I'm here because it time for your truth to be revealed my darling granddaughter." She said with a loving smile, I opened one eye still tired and peeked at her from under my lashes and gave her a lazy smile "And what would that be my beautiful melanin flourishing grandmother." She chuckled and suddenly vanished into thin air. I sat up quickly because of her sudden disappearance I looked around for any sign of her but there was none. She reappeared right in front of my five minutes later causing me to scream. Her eyes and fingertips were glowing white her once salt and pepper colored hair was now completely white; she reached out and grabbed hold of my face and started chanting words I couldn't understand until she got to the last part that is . "Brake Free!" She whispered harshly. I stared at her like she was crazy for a few minutes until I felt a huge headache overcome me. It was like a something was banging on my skull.
"Ahhh" I closed my eyes in pain while clutching my head. "Don't fight it child you can make this way easier on yourself just relax and go back to sleep." My grandmother scolded me "what did you just do to me" I asked still in pain. "I unleashed your power and gave you the memories of our people for only you can bring us back" I looked at her what the hell was she on about. This pain could not be good for the baby so I did as she said and I started to relax. Soon the pain stopped and I sat up without opening my eyes "grandma you were right that actually did help a lot" I opened my eyes after not getting a response only to see Derrick and a few other people starring at me as if I was crazy. "Um alpha what is the luna talking about." One said looking towards Derrick for answers. Before Derrick could say anything I spoke up "what the hell happened to me." I said suddenly livid these hormones are lethal Derrick looked kind of taken aback from my outburst but quickly composed himself and answered me. "You fainted after I came to pick you up". It was my turn to look at him like he was crazy "so instead of taking me to the hospital like any normal person would to check on not only me but my baby you brought me to what seems to be your house" I said I was a ticking time bomb ready to explode for some reason right now I don't even know why I'm this mad I moved to the edge of the couch awaiting his answer putting less space between us so I could slap him if I didn't like his answer after all he did put my kid in danger ah ha so that way I'm mad I now have a reason.  Was talking to myself so much I didn't realize that he was speaking "what start over I wasn't listening." One of the guys in the room scoffed as if offended by that I turned my glare onto him and he stood up straight and avoided eye contact with me so I looked back a Derrick who had a small smirk on his face and what looked like pride in his eyes answered me again "I said I didn't take you because it was my fault you fainted and I have a pa- personal doctor on duty for me at all times so I thought you would panic less if you were more comfortable here." He said genuinely  I sat back in the seat and looked around for said doctor as if they knew who I was looking for the men by the end of the couch separated and I caught view of a beautiful short dark skinned woman with what looked like a lab coat on. She was fidgety under my gaze "are you the one who took care of me" I asked promptly" she immediately stopped fidgeting and became serious and pushed her glasses up her nose in a adorable manner and nodded her head. I waited to see if she would speak when she didn't I asked "is my baby ok." She nodded again and I let out a sigh of relief "Thank you do much." I said to her thankfully. She stayed silent but beamed a toothy smile my way and simply nodded again.
I turned my attention back to Derrick abruptly about to fire another question at him until everything hit me all at once "you can turn into a huge dog can't you" I stated nonchalantly and in a matter of fact tone as I waited for my answer I took a good look around the room and couldn't help but notice how good looking all the males were. I broke out of my trance when I heard snickering from everyone in the room I looked back at Derrick to see an angry look on his face "what" I asked him "I do not turn into a damn dog I -" I cut him off "could've fooled me" I said grinning when he let out what sounded like a growl "like I was saying I turn into a wolf what you may know as werewolf" I looked at him with a blank stare "well duh" I said oddly I was very calm about this whole situation. He looked at me for a long time and I starred back at him "I'm assuming you have questions" he said and I shook my head no "I've read to many books not to know what's going on right about now I already heard the call you alpha which in turn means you run this place and they called me Luna which must mean your supposed to be I'm going to take a guess and say my oh I don't know my mate of some sort." I stopped my rambling and looked at the shocked faces of everyone in the room "oh come on those books can't be realistic to your lives I was hoping you'd correct me." Derrick closed his mouth and spoke up "oddly that is completely accurate at least for our species." He nodded while I face palmed myself "so since you know your mine how do you feel about moving in with the pack and I." He said everyone in the room perked up a little more at the question and awaited my answer.
"Um no that's way too soon and I barely know you." I said he looked so shocked by my answer that his smile had dropped momentarily before he composed himself for the third time that day "but you know mostly everything about us and so you must know that l need you here with me so I can be at ease and can easily provide protection for you." I looked at him "I also know you can wait so I want you to take me home now." I said stubbornly crossing my arms. He let out a defeated sigh "ok let's go then" I hesitantly got up and walked outside that was way too easy. "I'm not rejecting you or anything I was need some time to get used to the idea." I felt the need to let him know as he opened his car door for me. He smiled "I can understand that you don't have to explain anything to me I get it." "Ok" I said gently this ride was gonna be hella awkward now.

" "Ok" I said gently this ride was gonna be hella awkward now

Dr. Sanzoe .