Chapter 1 - my mate?

Timmy was skipping and hopping his way home. Today was a beautiful day and more than that it, was the day he would meet his mate. Buddy, his wolf, had told him so. Still he continued to ask him again and again if he was certain, to which Buddy always replied yes that he could feel him drawing closer and closer. With renewed vigor Timmy rushed into his home to see his mother standing in the living room with mail in hand. He rushed her picking her up and spinning her in circles, she laughed as he sat her down before placing a kiss upon his cheek.

 "Baby, you're worked up today, what's up with you?" Sarah asked Timmy as he bounced around. Seeing him happy always made her day, his innocence and joy was a constant blessing in her life as well as the lives of the other pack members.

 "I get to meet my mate today, Buddy told me that he's getting closer; I can't wait, it's going to awesome mom, I have a mate." Sarah smiled even though her heart was breaking at the same time, her little man was growing up and she was going to have to let him. She knew this day would come, and had prepared as much as any mother could; still she was fearful for him as well.

 "I'll let the others know for you, I'm sure they'll be happy for you, just as happy as I am for you." Timmy smiled brightly and kissed his mother's cheek once more, if his smile grew any larger his face might actually crack.

 "I'm going to look for him, I can't wait any longer." With that Timmy was out the door before his mother could say anything else to him, she shook her head and expanded her mind.

 "Guys, Timmy is meeting his mate today, please keep a tab on him just in case he gets lost again?" Sarah felt joy and excitement from many of the other members of the pack through the telepathic bond they shared; almost everyone loved Timmy just as she did. He was the pack darling, his innocence and joy was a constant reminder of the more positive things in their lives and world in general.

 "Certainly, any idea which direction he took off in?" Sarah shook her head and looked out the door; Timmy was nowhere to be seen as far as she could tell.

 "No idea at all, he tore out of here like his tail was on fire; all he said was that Buddy told him that he was getting closer." Sarah explained to Gloria, who was one of the pack guards and a dear friend to her; she had found Timmy more than once.

 "I'll track him down as usual Sarah, although I'm a bit worried now; Nathan and his sister are on their way back, I certainly hope it's not him." The name sent chills up Sarah's spine, Nathan used to bully Timmy when they were younger; she hoped it wasn't him as well.

 "That makes two of us Gloria, that's the last thing Timmy needs; someone just as cruel as our beloved Alpha." The sarcasm dripped from her words even with her mental voice, although she could feel Gloria's agreement through the connection.

 "I heard that Sarah, you'll be working a double tonight at the factory for your insolence; you should have just drowned the pup when he was born like I advised you to do." Sarah closed her eyes and concentrated hard to not bite back with a remark; he was her Alpha after all.

 Timmy soon found himself staring at the pack house not knowing what to do; Buddy told him that his mate was just behind the walls. The only problem was that Timmy wasn't allowed inside the pack house, since he wasn't really a member of the pack. He was a guest of the pack, or so the Alpha had stated long ago; even though he should be a member, it caused strain because he couldn't hear their thoughts. Timmy whimpered and sat down on the sidewalk facing the house, he really wanted to see his mate, he needed to see him.

The young man had never thought he would get a mate, he wasn't very smart and since the spirits had to know that he wasn't smart he just figured he wasn't worthy of a mate. Still that hadn't stopped him from praying to the spirits every night since the first time he had started having the strange dreams. The dreams that produced a strange fluid from his penis, it wasn't urine in fact it was almost solid; his mother had told it was semen. That it was used to reproduce with a female, only it hadn't been a female he had been dreaming about, it was a male of that he was certain.