Broken Amethyst~8

Just a simple reminder that this book is unedited. So please excuse an errors. Please don't forget to comment and vote. It's the only way I know I am on the right path with this story.  Some of your comments even help me decide what direction the book should take. Thank you all for reading. 

8

Both women fell asleep in each other’s arms, exhausted from hours of exploration.

Amethyst woke when she heard a phone going off in the distance. It took her a moment to realize it was her alarm going off to wake her up to get ready for her shift at the Peach. Unfortunately, she didn’t want move from the spot she was in. Victoria had wrapped her body around hers, almost locking her in place. She reveled in the feeling of being cozy and safe in someone’s arms. Finally, when the alarm went off again, she slowly began to unlock herself from Victoria’s grasp.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Victoria asked her, was she wiped the sleep from her eyes.

“I’ve got to get home and ready for work. I need to be there for the lunch shift.” Amethyst replied as she left the room to get her phone.

While she was gone, Victoria stretched her body out over the bed, remembering every detail from just a few hours ago. “Hey, Ames… I have an idea.” She called out to her.

Walking back into the room after pulling on her jeans and shirt from the night before, Amethyst replied. “Yeah, what’s that?”

“Call in sick and come back to bed?” Victoria told her as she patted the sheets next to her.

Amethyst sat down on the edge of the bed and leaned in to kiss Victoria. “I can’t.”

“You mean you won’t?” Victoria pouted.

Laughing at Victoria’s feeble attempt to be pathetic, “No, I can’t afford to take the time off. I have to cover the full rent on the shit whole I live in, since my roommate skipped town.” Amethyst told her.

Victoria lay back on the pillows and looked as if she was deep in thought. “So, tell me… how much to you pay for rent?” She asked.

“What?”

“I asked how much your rent is.” Victoria repeated.

Amethyst paused for a moment before answering. “It’s $650.00, plus utilities, I was only expecting to pay half that, but when she left, she left me high and dry. I’ve got to pull all the extra shifts I can to cover her half.” She confessed.

“Hmmm… sounds like a winner.” Turning over to face Amethyst, she said, “I’ve got a great idea.”

“Oh really?” Amethyst teased.

“Yes… I’m full of great ideas, which I’m sure you will learn in time.” She laughed. “Anyway, that is beside the point. What I was saying is; why don’t you move in here.”

Amethyst first felt shocked, then excitement, then dread. “Victoria, I’d love to, but I can’t.”

“Why not?”

“I don’t know. Maybe because it’s too fast, or that fact that we just slept together, or that we work together. Anyway, it doesn’t matter, I just can’t.” Amethyst said in exasperation.

“Don’t you like me?” Victoria teased with a big pout.

Amethyst couldn’t help but laugh. “Don’t be silly, you know I do.”

“Then I don’t see what the problem is. I know that it would work out perfectly. Just think of all the money you can save not worry about rent.”