Broken Amethyst~4

I know that some may think this is a filler chapter, but in truth it helps set the stage for later in the book, for it is important to know where each character is from and what they can bring to the table.

Please remember to vote and comment... Thank you for reading.

4

The night finally ended and Amethyst couldn’t think of anything else but spending time with the lovely Victoria. Once the closing procedures were completed, she went to the dressing room, to quickly got out of  her barely there uniform. Slipping on her jeans and t-shirt, she pulled a hoodie over her head, grabbed her purse, and then made her way to the back door.  To her relief, Victoria was waiting for her.

“So you decided to join me and not slip out the front?” Victoria teased her with a sexy, sly smirk on her lips.

Amethyst nodded, unable to find the words, causing Victoria smile to widen.

“Okay then, do you want to follow me?” She asked.

“Um… that might be difficult since I don’t have a car.” Amethyst told her, feeling a little embarrassed.

Victoria looked at her, concern in her voice. “Then how do you get home at night?”

“James drops me off, or I walk home. It’s not too far… I think it’s just over four blocks or something like that.”

“Not too far! It’s after three o’clock in the morning, clearly not safe for you be walking; especially in this neighborhood.” Victoria exclaimed, alarmed for Amethyst safety.

“Well, it looks like I won’t have to worry about it tonight… right?” Amethyst asked.

Victoria smiled, “Yes, tonight we won’t have to worry. Now come with me beautiful.”

Amethyst clutched her knock-off purse and followed behind Victoria as they left the Sweet Peach, and got into Victoria’s car. Amethyst sat in the passenger side taking in the scent and feel of the leather seats. She had to admit that she’s never been in such a luxurious vehicle. This wasn’t just some sporty black car with deep red interior; it was hope that she’d be able to dig herself out of the rat whole she was in, into a nicer future.

Nervousness filled Amethyst entire being when she spoke.  “So what kind of car is this?” Oh my lord, I sound like an idiot.

Victoria’s words purred like the engine when she spoke. “Oh, it’s a Lexus IS 250. I got it a couple of years ago. It’s nothing special sweets, just a car.”

“Nothing special? You have to be kidding me.  It’s beautiful.” Amethyst gushed over the car, causing Victoria to smile.

“True, she is that.” Victoria agreed.

Thankfully the chit chat started to come more naturally as they drove over to Victoria’s place. After about twenty minutes, the pulled into a complex of townhomes and Victoria reached over and pushed a button that opened a garage door on the end of one of the rows of homes. Pulling into the garage, Victoria cut the engine. “Home sweet home.”  She watched as Amethyst eyes lit up. “Come with me, and I’ll show you around. 

Both woman left the garage entering a front hall way, on the right before the stairs was a small room, next to the front door.  “This is my office. I spend way too much time down here on the computer, trying to write the next big novel.” Victoria explained as Amethyst peaked her head in.

“You write?” She asked. “That is totally awesome. I’d love to read your work sometime.”

“You would sweetness?” Victoria asked.