Broken Amethyst~2

2

“Amethyst, how many times have we had this discussion? You work in a gentleman’s club, not a fight club.” Nick lectured, while sitting on the edge of his cluttered desk, exuding complete male superiority over her.   

“Nick, if he was touching your ass, you’d have done the same.” She spat back at him, trying to defend herself against her own actions.

“And what did I tell you the last time this happened?”

“That I would be gone.” Amethyst sighed in defeat.

They both sat in Nick’s back office, staring at each other. Finally, Nick broke the silence. “Well, it’s your lucky night, because Tiffany called in sick to take care of her kid, so I need you. Can you work a double?” He asked.

Amethyst blinked her big green eyes, trying to hold back the tears. As much as she hated this job, she needed it. It was tough making ends meet and paying for her one bedroom apartment by herself; especially, since her roommate skipped town on her last week. “Th... thanks Nick.”

“Don’t thank me, thank Tiffany. Otherwise, you might not have been given another chance. Don’t make me regret it.”

Getting up from the cracked vinyl chair, Amethyst felt the back of her legs stick to the plastic based material. As she sucked in her tears, she held her head high, until she made it to the back room, where she could break down in private. “Nick, I promise I’ll work on it.”

“You better, I don’t know how many more chances I can give you.” He replied.

Amethyst hated it, but Nick was right. She did have a short temper, but if he had lived her life up until just a few months ago, he’d slapped the asshole too.  Still, those were the secrets she planned to bury, fearing others would look at her differently, if they realized how damaged she truly was.  

Heading back into the staff dressing rooms, Amethyst ran smack into someone; almost knocking them right out of their six inch stripper heals. Looking up, Amethyst almost died on the spot. There stood the stunning Victoria, in all her glory, making Amethyst’s die just a little inside, being this close to her secret desire.

The truth was, Victoria was beyond gorgeous.  Of course it had everything and nothing to do with her stunning body, ivory skin, flaming red hair, or moss green eyes. Amethyst couldn't help but notice every detail of Victoria's perfection at that moment, for that is what she did every waking and sleeping moment of the day. Now there was also that fact that Amethyst stood a lowly five foot two, where Victoria was at least four inches taller, without her stripper heels, causing Amethyst to feel inferior in her presence.

Now as Victoria stood directly in front of her, she felt as if she was being  towered over; making her feel smaller than she actually was. As Amethyst looked up into Victoria’s beautiful face, afraid of what the woman before her was about to say.

“Amethyst right?” Victoria asked.

“Yes.” She answered, dropping her eyes quickly.

“What’s wrong sweetness?” Victoria asked her, as her own features filled with concern for the girl troubled girl in front of her.  

Looking around the room, Amethyst noticed that it was just her and Victoria in the dressing room and suddenly she became even more nervous. She could feel herself start to fidget. As she tried to stop, it seemed to just get worse. Why did Victoria always made her feel so inferior and even though she tried to deny it, more than a little turned on as well. “Nothing. I’m fine.” She stammered, trying to get past her, without seeming rude. The need to flee over powering her.