The others

A/N: Hey guys! I'm back! Yeah, sorry for not updating for a while, but to make it up to you, I've written a long chapter. Thank-you so much for getting this story to 600 reads, you guys are absolutely amazing! Anyways, enjoy the chapter and let me know what you think :) Enjoy! ~Ashily101 xo

Seriously, How much information is this guy dumping on me? I send Jim a glare, more than pissed off at his revelation. It seems fitting that as soon as I actually make a friend, I find out that it was all part of some Superhuman conspiracy bullshit.

"Matt was only told to keep an eye on you but when he bumped into you, it seemed that you both become fast friends," Jim explained, trying his best to ignore my glare, " He's one of our assistants here and helps with all the technological processes and some of the small scientific aspects."

Me glare softened a bit as my curiosity took over. How big is this Scientist war thing? 

" Alright, so how big is this Scientists versus Government thing?" I ask, absent-mindedly tucking a strand of auburn hair behind my ear. Jim's lips turned up, a small smile warming his face.

" Well, let me introduce you to the others," he said, standing up from his chair and walking swiftly, despite his old age, towards the door. I followed obediently, glancing around the room once more before shutting the door behind me. I followed Jim as he led the way through the confusing hallways and down several staircases before we made it to a brown door that squeaked loudly as we opened it. Sunlight streamed over to meet us as we were greeted with a cool breeze. Outside at last, I allowed a small smile to filter across my face, closing my eyes momentarily to appreciate the feeling of the sun on my skin.

I re-opened my eyes and noticed the jet black helicopter sitting precariously in the middle of a concrete slab. Past the concrete slab was a grassy field and a neat line of tree's that seemed to be the start of a forest. Jim strode towards the helicopter sliding open a door and climbing in, motioning for me to follow. The blades began spinning as I made my way over, climbing awkwardly into the flying contraption. I sat next to Jim, an unknown person sitting in front of us, manning the controls. I slipped on a pair of headphones to block out the loud noises of the helicopter as it lifted up, slowly, and began flying over the tree's I had observed moments before. I turned to Jim and shouted,

"Where are we going?"

Jim Glanced out the window to his left, a small smile on his lips. He turned towards me and replied,

"Area 53."

He let out a loud laugh that seemed to shake his body, reminding me of his old age. I sat confused, wondering what it was he was laughing about.

"Have you ever heard of Area 51?" He asked, evidence of his happy mood swept across his face. I nodded in response to his question.

" Area 53 is what we call our headquarters. It's a joke we share, a run off of Area 51."

I let out a chuckle as the joke finally made sense. After our short conversation had ceased, I returned my gaze back to the window on my right, watching as the green landscape beneath us whizzed past.

Before long the helicopter began descending into what looked like just an ordinary patch of the forest we had been flying over. I sent Jim a quizzical look, which was returned with a toothy grin. I snapped my attention back to the window, amazement shining in my eyes. When we were only a few metres from touching the tree's, they disappeared. It was like a mirage, one minute the tree's were there, then everything went blurry before disappearing and being replaced by a grey building with Area 53 scrawled across the side in black. We moved towards a concrete slab which I'm guessing was the helicopter pad, positioned right in front of the looming grey building.

" Pretty boring colour scheme," I commented as the blades whirred to a stop and Jim and I climbed swiftly out of the aircraft.

" It looks that way, doesn't it?" Jim replied, glancing at me before walking towards the glass sliding doors a few metres in front of us. The building was made of grey bricks in various tones stacked neatly to form a sturdy structure, two square windows shouldering the glass door that formed as an entrance. The glass was tinted, making it difficult to see the insides of the complex. From the outside, the building look to be only two storeys high and i wondered how it was possible to train in such a small area.

Jim slid the tinted glass to the right and stepped inside the complex, leaving the door open so i could follow his lead. I slid the door shut and looked around. The room was like a waiting room, a large space with a narrow hallway leading to other rooms opposite where we were standing. The walls were a creamy white and tanned leather couches lined the walls. In the centre of the couches was a wooden coffee table with an array of magazine's spread across it. It looked more like a doctos waiting room than a secret headquarters for an elite squad of superhumans. In the top right corner of the room was a small desk where a familiar person sat on a black computer chair. He tapped away on his keyboard before realising someone else was in the room. He spun around and my eyes instantly connected with his familiar framed orbs.

"Matt!" I cried, a huge smile spreading across my face as he stood up and walked towards me before engulfing me in  a hug.

" Long time no see, Ali. How've you been?" He asked casually, pulling away so he could inspect me. I chuckled at his question, happy to see my friend again.

" Of course you know Matt, he's one of our main computer whizzes here. He can track, locate and view just about anything and is one of the top computer hackers that i know," Jim said, looking at Matt, appreciation glinting in his eyes. Matt shuffled awkwardly under Jim's gaze, but managed to flash me a smile before motioning behind him.

"Shall we meet the others?" Matt said, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his faded blue jeans. I nodded and followed Jim and Matt done the narrow hallway which led to the back of the complex.

They walked through a doorway where we entered a colourful living room/game room. The walls were covered with pictures and quotes in various colours and designs, suggesting more than one person painted it. Along the back wall of the room ran an elongated window that gave a great view of the landscape that surrounded the building. In the back left corner was a modern kitchen with a granite bench top and stainless steel appliances. Sitting on the left wall was a LCD television that appeared to be connected to various consoles and gamine devices. In front of the television was another wooden coffee table, a few coloured beanbags and a creamy coloured couch. Beneath the coffee table was a deep grey rug which looked great against the concrete floor. The right wall held several doors to other rooms that I was yet to see and a medium sized wooden bookcase.

Sprawled on the couches were a boy and a girl who looked around my age, both in a very heated game of Mario karts. As we walked into the room, their heads snapped towards us and I was met with two friendly looking faces. The girl had wavy blonde hair that reached just past her shoulders and green-blue eyes that scanned over me as I stood awkwardly by the doorway. The boy had messy brown hair and dark brown eyes, a cheeky smile spread across his lips.

Both of the strangers paused the game and walked towards myself, Matt and Jim.

" Ali, these are your new team mates, Kaitlin and Mick," Jim said, gesturing to each as he spoke.

" Hi, it's nice to meet you," Kaitlin said, pulling me in for a hug as her lips curved into a smile.  She pulled away and smiled once again, her eyes crinkling as she did.

"Hello, I'm Mick. It's nice to finally meet you," Mick said, doing a small wave as he introduced himself. Everyone's gazes turned to me as I glanced at the two new-comers before flashing them a toothy grin.

"I'm guessing you're the others," I replied, earning puzzled looks from Kaitlin and Mick, and chuckles from Matt and Jim. Í sent everyone a hearty grin, happy to be fitting in. I have a feeling this is going to be a lot more fun than I had originally planned.

A/N: Yay! Another chapter completed :) So Matt's back and there are two new characters......what do you guys think? Do you like the new characters? What do you think their role is in the story? Let me know what you thought of the chapter and please vote and comment! Thanks :) xo ~ Ashily101