Beautifully Broken: Chapter Thirteen

Hi guys!

How have you been? Sorry I’ve been MIA for the past month. School is killing me so I had to focus and only got time this Christmas break. I hope you like this chapter and please please tell me what you think, I think it’s a bit too fast paced but I wanted to get this out because you guys deserve it.

Don’t forget to like, vote, comment and criticize!

Denise

--

CHAPTER 13

ADDIE'S POV

Somehow my hair, clothes and make-up were conspiring against me tonight.

I set down my brush and began pulling out the bobby pins I had been prodding my skull with for the last half hour. My skin and lips appeared almost swollen from repeatedly applying and removing make-up. My room looked like a bomb had just exploded from my closet. Blouses, shorts, dresses, skirts, and jeans were strewn across the room's furniture. Somehow every look presented itself as either too underprepared or overprepared.

Why was I so anxious anyway? All of them had seen me in less prepared states especially Julian so why was I freaking out tonight? It wasn't as if this was a 'date' date anyway.

Was it?

A low groan escaped me as I looked at the clock, I had to be down in 30 minutes to meet Hunter and Julian in the lobby. We were going to have dinner at this cafe in town before moving on to the carnival.

'Okay focus Addie,' I said to myself.

I decided on a peach pink sleeveless top with eyehole embroidery all over the edges of the sleeves n bottom. The back of the blouse was the same pink color but in a sheer cloth with which you could see my lacy black strapless bra from. I paired it with light blue denim shorts and my favorite dream catcher pendant necklace. I decided to complete the ensemble with silver sequined flats that would probably earn me some taunts from Julian but if we were going to be walking all night I wanted to be comfy.

I pulled my hair into a loose but neat ponytail and decided to curl the ends into bug luscious waves with my sideswept bangs.

I resolved to forget about doing full on make-up and ended up by applying light pink glittery eyeshadow, powder, cherry lipgloss and a tad of eyeliner.

Surveying myself critically in the mirror I shrugged unconsciously thinking that maybe my outer appearance really was hopeless for tonight. I looked at the time and realized that Julian and Hunter were most probably waiting downstairs already so I rushed around the room stuffing important things into my purse. Just as I was about to drop my phone in my bag, my ringtone blasted the room. It was Lyla.

“Hey Addie! Are you guys on your way already? What are you wearing? Have you seen Hunter? Is he nervous. I’m freaking out here if you haven’t already noticed!” Lyla said into the phone at a pace I was pretty sure any speed dater would want to achieve.

“Slow down Lyla. I’m just about to go down to meet them now. I’m wearing just the normal stuff. I haven’t seen Hunter yet.”

“But—“

“Stop freaking out Lyla, take a deep breath and we’ll probably be there in like 20 minutes tops. I’m sure Hunter is excited to see you no matter what you wear or look like tonight, well, as long as you don’t go all Geisha face on him, just be yourself. You see each other everyday anyway, right?”

I heard Lyla sigh a little on the other side.

“Yeah Addie, I guess I’m just a little anxious. This is really going to out first ever date and it would be so awkward if it didn’t go well since we’re all friends and everything.”