Prologue

Dedicated to AphroditeKid for the Awesome New Cover!

Hi Guys! As you might have noticed I've added a short prologue to Beautifully Broken. Hope you enjoy.. :)

Please feel free to comment, criticize and vote, vote, vote please if you liked it!

I promise that this entire story isn't as heavy as this chapter is. This is a story of forgiveness and moving on, and taking new chances with love as well as coping with bad, bad people. :)

Denise

------

Prologue

I just couldn't take it anymore.

As I had learned through the past few days, cowardice was kind of like my thing.

Why hadn't I just gone to the police?

Why hadn't I ended it earlier if I could? It probably wouldn't have ended this way...

Why had I loved him so much? 

Who did he think he was? Who did THEY think they were, judging me.

Where had all my dignity gone?

It hurt so much. I didn't want to be judged anymore. I didn't want to hear their whispers in the hallways. It was like no matter what I said, this would never die down. I was labelled. I was branded by Riverside High as a liar and just another jealous girlfriend.

How could they judge me so easily? They didn't even KNOW me.

I crumpled down on my bathroom floor and crawled to lean against the tub.

I took theknife I had taken from our kitchen set downstairs and looked at it.

Would it hurt to die?

Would Gian and my parents understand? 

I had left them a voice message with my I love you's and goodbyes. Hopefully the deed would be done by time they arrived. No one was home at the moment.

Would all their judging eyes see my pain then? Most likely not.

But at least I'd have peace and quiet. At least I'd have my way out.

And they'd finally have something to really gossip out.

Riverside High is going to have a field day.

And hopefully, if all goes well, I'll be too 'preoccupied' to care.

I gripped the knife tightly and slit through my wrist. The pain made me whimper but the sobs that had long left my throat had left me too tired to actually gasp. 

Red liquid started to seep from the wound I had created and I let go the knife with a loud clang.

More pain and more red liquid.

I was starting to feel a little dizzy.

Look at me now Nate. Look at me now Riverside High.

Look at what I've done. Look at what you've done.

Then the pain started to seep away with the blood.

And the peace started to settle in...

-----

Song for this chapter: Self- Conclusion by The Spill Canvas

Yeah, we all flirt with the tiniest notion

Of self conclusion in one simplified motion

You see the trick is that you're never supposed to act on it

No matter how unbearable this misery gets

It's a great song, listen to it!!! :)

Votes and comments are highly appreciated!