Chapter 31

Chapter 31   

Every little girl imagines this day, they imagine the man they love down on one knee, a glistening diamond ring and sharing a mind blowing kiss of passion. But this isn’t what I had ever imagined Carver is down on one knee and is holding a blue box that contains a ring but that ring is so much more it’s a promise.

I look at Chloe and she looks at me shocked when Cruz told us to get up and come down into the living room we knew something was up but I don’t think either of us could have imagined that it was Carver going to propose, although he hasn’t spoken he’s just shown us the ring.

“The very final step you two girls have come so far but I’m afraid only one can be my chosen....the girl who expects this ring will become my wife and my chosen so Chloe, Little one which one of you will marry me?”

Chloe looks at me and then faces Carver “I’m already married Carver and I love Baxter with all of my heart”

Carver closes the ring box and it snaps shut “Do you really think Baxter wants you back Chloe? You cheated on him and you’re carrying my child? Do you think Baxter will accept all of that?”

“Yes I do because we love each other and with love we will get through anything” she turns to me

“Ladies I would like you to meet someone before you make your decision”

A man with thick black curly hair and gorgeous blue eyes comes to stand beside Carver. He looks at each of us with a look that sends chills down my spine then turns towards Carver.

“This is Caleb ladies he has been searching for a wife for 3 years...one of you will be leaving today as Caleb’s wife and it will be the one who says no to me...so I ask again marry me little one? Marry me Chloe?”

“I will never marry you!”Chloe shouts and I follow suit and shout the same thing.

Caleb stands there with his arms folded looking at each of us but it seems his attention is more on Chloe.

I start to feel a little light headed and hold onto Chloe’s arm for support. She looks at me with a worried glance and I cry out in pain when I feel my water break and the first contraction hit.

“Carver her water just broke!” Chloe shouts but no one moves

“We are not moving from here until one of you say yes”

I cry out again as a second contraction hits and I dig my nails into Chloe’s arm.

“Are you mad she needs a doctor she could lose the baby!”

“We can stand here all day little one and you can lose baby or one of says yes and Seth can see to you”

“I’m so sorry Dakota but you’re in labour you have no other choice but to say yes” Chloe whispers

“Fine Carver I’ll marry you!” I shout but instantly regret it as another wave of pain hits me

Carver comes forward and slips the ring onto my finger and kisses me.

“You’re now my wife little one” he whispers smiling at me

Caleb marches forward and lifts Chloe into his arms.

“Good luck Caleb I know you will be very happy with Chloe here”

Caleb leaves with Chloe and I know that will be the last time we ever see each other. Carver then lifts me into his arms and runs with me into Seth’s office.

Seth jumps into action and gets me hooked up to the machines and before I know it he’s telling me to push and I do with all my might.

“Come one little one you can do it just push” Carver strokes my hair away from my face and I push again.

Then I hear the most beautiful sound I’ve heard, my baby’s cry. I watch as Seth cuts the cord and then puts my baby into a cot.

“It’s a girl!”

Warren comes over to me and assess me “Seth we aren’t done yet there’s another coming!”

Seth rushes over to me and nearly trips in the process.

“And again little one push!”

I push for what seem hours and then a cry breaks through the silence.

“And we have another little girl!” Seth announces and I notice that Carver’s face drops but he kisses me on the forehead.

“Don’t worry little one we’ll try again when you’re better...you can raise the girls until they are 16 then I’ll give them away as wives alright?”

“Please don’t Carver” he simply holds his hand up

“You can raise them but they will be taught by me how to behave and if you interfere in that little one I will send them away and you will never see them again do you understand me?”

“Yes Carver”

“Good now what are their names?”

“Can I hold them?”

“Of course” Seth and Warren bring me my daughters and took them into each arm.

I look at my first born she has beautiful blue eyes and a little blonde hair on the top of her head. She looks up at me and I melt just at the sight of her. I start to cry because she looks so much like my mum when she was a baby. “Her name is Desire...she’s so beautiful...I’ll protect you with my life baby girl” I place a gentle kiss on her forehead.

I turn my attention toward my second and youngest daughter she’s so different from Desire she has dark hair and big brown eyes that just make my heart stop. She might look like Carver but she is nothing like him and she never will be.

“She looks like me” Carver smiles and takes her little hand and I instantly know that she will be his favourite

“Just like your sister you’re so beautiful....Destiny my little baby girl I will protect with my life I promise....I love you both and I’ll do anything for you”

“Seth put them in the cot me and little one need to talk” Seth takes my babies from me and puts them in the cot.

“You can keep them little one but you will give me a son and we will be starting once Seth gives the Ok...if you don’t give me a son they will be gone and you will never see them again understood?”

“Yes”

“Good maybe next time you’ll have 2 boys” he laughs but I’m not laughing I’m shaking