Chapter 16

Salina

"Okay girls line up!" the coach yells from the sidelines. I finish tying my shoes and jog over to the end of the long line of girls. I could already tell from the line of the wannabes, bitches that there were very few real athletes.

It is so hard to actually play a sport and not have drama be involved. Volleyball is one of my favorite sports but it sure brings in a lot of brats. 

"I would like to start with separating people who have played and who have not played before." The old coach, who's name I still don't know points in two different directions. I follow the group that has played before.

When everything gets settled she starts counting the amount in each group. We all just wait and watch. All she does is stare at us with an almost predatory look. Something wasn't right with her.

"We will be testing you to see your skills. There are 25 in each group. I will only be taking 7 from each group. That means you better be pretty dam special. The fourteen that I select will be are varsity team.. Then I will take the next 10 and they will be our Junior Varsity team." She walks towards us. Like a tiger would stalk its prey. With her large stature with all here hair being short and pure white, was the only sign that she wasn't 20. Her skin was almost flawless. No wrinkles or frown lines.

" She starts coming towards our group. We will have you guys run drills on the right side of the gym with me." she turns her head towards the clock but while her head was turned it looked like she sniffed the air.

"Now go get dressed! You have five minutes." she says quietly with a bit of a bite to her tone of voice. Luckily for me I get to avoid hecticism of the locker room and I had my gear on under my sweats so I walked towards the bag and pulled of my sweats and threw off my sweatshirt onto the bag. I tie my shoes and go out on to the gym floor to start stretching. Its actually around 15 minutes until we couldactually start.

And you could tell the coach was pissed after the first 5 minutes goes by. Clenching of the fist. 10 more minutes. Face turning red. 15 minutes. Screaming starts.

She silently strides towards the top of the girls locker room staircase and yells. " Anybody who is down in the locker room has lost there chance of being on the team! Don't even try coming up now!" she turns and walks back over. Looks like my chances increased by 10.

"I have set up obstacles for you guys to complete split up into 3 groups of 5. And we will watch how you complete each one. And if you will move on.

First obstacle was setting in a variety of situations. Second station is spiking, which seemed overly easy to me. And last was serving.

It was crazy because all of these obstacloverly easy. It took about 20 minutes until everyone was completed with all three stations. After going through all of these I built of a thin line of sweat on my forehead. " Now ladies this may seemed a little overly easy. But the truth of it was a lot of you cant even do some of the simpelists things. A lot of you came in thinking that this sport would help you get in shape for bikini season. But you were wrong. I don't care if I go into this season with less players than I need! I will take players that deserve to be here. And sadly 10 of you will need to leave. She walks over and hands us each an envelope see you at practice next week 6:00 am sharp." she turns and walks away.

"I can't believe that she did that!" I turn and ease drop on the snooty girls behind me. "Yah she like didn't even give Rebecca a chance at trying out!" says the girl with short blond hair, and a palm beach accent to add to her lesser appeal. "You know what! I have the perfect plan!" this time it was pretty much the exact look alike of the first girl except with green eyes instead of blue.

"Well what is it!" she whispers back while we all start tearing open our envelopes. "Lets just make sure the girls that got on the team. All of the sudden have a dear little injury..Rebecca  might be able to get a shot at trying out again."

Right when I heard that last sentence I knew that I should avoid these trouble makers. Without even looking at the paper stuck inside the envelope I shove it in my bag and head home. Not even thinking about my tryout. Or the predatorily way the coach stared at us girls like we were dinner.

Corey

"Please-Pl-Pl Please! Stop! I tell you, tell you! Just please make it stop.  I smile its note a nice smile. It holds all the hate and anger I have held on for the past year. I take the whip and slash the scum of the earth across the face again. "Where is she?" I ask angrily

"I keep telling you! I DONT KNOW!! Now please stop-"I slash him across the face again before he can say another word. I throw the whip on the ground and start pacing back and forth across the stingy basement floor. This isn't how I wanted it to go but it may be the only way to help Adrian.  I take out my gun and point it at the women in he corner. Dominik's Soul half.

I kept telling myself it wouldn't come to this but it just may have to happen. There always is a sacrificed that has to be made. "Now Dominik if you just tell me where she is I won't have to do this." All I hear is the sound of her crying and screaming. I started to feel my heart start to tear in half.

Dominik's answer made me pull the trigger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you Everyone for Reading! Sorry for the long wait.

Please Vote Comment and Share!

And check out my new book called Zombies Death and Romance!