Running

Running -Chapter one

*Zoe's POV*

Running, I seem to be always running. It's like the theme of my life, I've been running away constantly for the past two years. And I'm running again, right now.

I ran around the corner of the dark alley I was in. I could barely see where I was going, all of the sudden, somebody stepped in front of me, and I smacked right into him. I laid on the ground for a minute, that guy was like a wall! Adrenaline started pumping back into my veins.

"Had they sent them? Was he here to bring me back?" My mind was whirring and I had to get out of there before I was caught. I quickly got to my feet and turned back into the direction I was heading, but before I could take a step a hand grabbed my wrist.

I cried out in pain, his fingers were digging into my wrist!

"I'm so sorry love! I didn't see you! Are you okay? What hurts?" The guy asked frantically. Ugh, I think I was getting a headache.

"Uh yeah I'm fine, and it's my fault sorry, I should've look where I was going." I said while looking at my wrist, (which he was still holding) trying to see if he would get the hint.

He didn't.

In fact, he continued talking to me.

"I feel really bad. That must've hurt, do you need me to get anything, or take you anywhere? Where were you heading?"

This guy is creeping me out, why does he care? Nobody cares one thing about me. So not knowing what to say, I settled with...

"Um."

Wow, real creative Zoe.

Oh my gosh, I just realized who it is. It's Louis Tomlinson, part of One Direction, the biggest boy band in the world!

Wow, I sound like a fangirl, which I am NOT. I used to watch them when they were on The X-Factor. Plus, now you can't even turn on the television or go anywhere without seeing or hearing about them.

Louis looked at his watch,

"Crap! I'm late!"

Maybe this was my chance! Maybe he'll let me go!

He looked at me "Come with me, I feel bad and I'd stay with you until where you're going but I'm late for a meeting, so can you please come with me?"

...So he wasn't gonna let me go. I had no idea what to say to that, I'm afraid he'll get me caught by holding me up, but then again, they wouldn't look for me with him... Before I knew it, I was speaking.

"Yeah okay, you're not gonna kidnap me or anything right?" I forced out a small laugh at the end.

He laughed, "Of course not love, I just want to make sure you're okay."

"Well okay."

He started walking to the end of alley, and I followed him. He pulled up his hood and put on sunglasses to avoid being noticed. We then walked to a big building which I recognized, but couldn't quite put my finger on.
We rode up to the 49th floor and passed a secretary who waved Louis on in and looked at me curiously before Louis said "She's with me."

The secretary then nodded and smiled as I passed, I managed a tiny smile for her.

We walked into a office, there were five other people already in there. One behind the desk and four in chairs in front of the desk. It was Simon Cowell's office.

The four boys turned their heads when we came in, and all looked at me shocked. Of course, it was the rest of One Direction. Liam was about to say something when Simon said, without looking up at us.

"Louis you're late."

"Well hello to you too Uncle Simon." Louis joked.

"And sorry, I lost track of time and had a little predicament, but its okay now."

Simon looked up for the first time that we came in and was about to say something but stopped when he saw me.

I walked forward a few steps.

"Hey...Uncle Simon."