Chapter 14-

A/N- Im in the car guys and Idek what I'm gonna write about... What sucks is school seems to be taking up everything in my life!! I'm doing school work all day then I get to come home and do homework for 3 hours! Ugh but its Saturday and yeah.. Imma update while I can! :)
******PREVIOUSLY*****
"You know I really like it when you do that" he said.
"When I do what?" I asked giggling.
"When you bite your lip" he said smirking. "I like that... A lot" he said blushing. Oh god he is so freaking adorable.
CHAPTER 14-
***KYLEES POV***
"Shit" I whispered as millions of zombies snapped their heads back to look at me. I instinctively turned around and ran full speed away from them. I ran down an aisle full of Baby clothes, baby toys, and anything babyish. As I was about to turn the corner giant hands wrapped around my waist and I was thrown over someone's shoulder. It was Scott. I kicked and punched his back trying to get him to put me down. He set me down and slapped me as hard as he could. There was a tingling feeling in my cheek and I fell to the ground in pain. Scott then Ran away as fast as he could. I turned around and saw all the zombies limping into the aisle. I tried to get up but I felt light headed and knew it was no use. I laid helplessly on the floor as the zombies surrounded me and began eating me alive. I screamed as loud as I could.
My eyes shot open. I sat up quickly and looked around. It was a dream. No, not a dream... A nightmare.
"You ok?" Jackson asked. I scooted closer to him.
"Yeah, just a nightmare" I muttered. I must've fallen asleep on jackson, while we were playing the question game. I learned lots about jackson that I didnt know and i told all the secrets ive been dying to get out. He smiled lightly and wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. I felt so warm and safe with him.
"I've been meaning to ask you something for awhile..." Jackson said blushing slightly.
****JACKSONS POV****
When Kylee woke up I knew I needed to ask her. I've been wanting to ask her to be my girlfriend for a long time but we haven't had much time alone so I think right now is the perfect time. I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her close to me and she snuggled up against me.
"I've been meaning to ask you something for awhile..." I said feeling my cheeks get red.
"Ask away" she said smiling.
I ran my fingers through my hair and said
"We'll I've liked you for a very long time... Like since I first saw you." I said quietly.
"And I was just wondering if.. You wanted to be my girlfriend?? I said a little louder so she could hear me.
"Of course" she said without any hesitation. She smiled and leaned her head on my shoulder.
"I've liked you since I first saw you too" she said barely loud enough for me to hear. Then she closed her eyes again and fell asleep.
I couldn't stop smiling. I had a girlfriend!! My first girlfriend and she liked me just as much as I liked her!! I quickly got lost in my thoughts but was snapped out of it when I heard an all too familiar groan. I jumped frightened by the in expected groan and Kylee woke up and quickly noticed the zombie and we both looked around for something to defend ourselves because neither of us had a gun. Nothing. We sat down in an aisle full of clothes and there was nothing to use against the zombie. So our only choice was... To run.
***KYLEES POV**
We both stood up quickly and ran for our lives. Jackson was just behind me as we ran but I had no idea where to run. I turned into a random aisle which just so happened to be.... A Barbie aisle. We rounded another corner and I ran full on into Daryl.
"What's wrong Ki-"
"No time to talk" I cut him off. And pointed at the zombie limping towards us. Without a hesitation he pulled back the string on his cross bow and shot the zombie in the eye. I relaxed a little and looked over to see Colby staring at me. I looked at him and smiled slightly, and then remembered why Daryl and Colby and me and jackson split up in the first place... We were looking for Scott.
"Any sign of Scott?" I asked.
"Nope, we've looked through all of the west side of the store" Daryl said in his deep voice.
"We aren't leaving without him though!!!" Colby cut in.
"Well.. If we don't find him soon then, we can't just stay here forever!! This place is practically a death trap." Jackson said.
"Yeah we'll look for him today and if we don't find him, we're gonna have to go.." Daryl said. I felt kinda bad for Colby. I mean... Scott was all he had left. Colby actually didnt seem like that bad of a guy... I mean not to me. Jackson seemed to hate his guts.
"Let's go with different partners" Colby whined.
"Ok then I'll go with Kylie and jackson and Colby go together" Daryl suggested.
"No no no that would not end well" I said quickly. "Those two do not get along"
"But that means the only other way we could do it is..." Jackson said.
" ME AND KYLIE" Colby cut in.
"No I'm not goin to let you go with Kylie... Not happening" jackson defended.
"That might not be a good idea--" Darryl said.
"It'll be fine guys. Really, what's he gonna do??" I cut in.
"But---"
"It's fine" I interrupted jackson.
"Ok.... But take this" Daryl said tossing a small gun to me. I caught it and nodded.
"Ok.. Let's go I guess" jackson said still hesitant towards the idea of me and Colby going together. They really didnt trust Colby.. But i know there's another side to him... And I think deep down, they know too.
_______________________
***KYLEES POV****
Me and Colby walked to the south side of Walmart without saying a word. When we got there we started walking awkwardly down aisles. I decided to start a conversation to make things less awkward.
"So are you and Scott related??" I asked him looking up at him.
"Nope. He was my sisters boyfriend. He wasn't very nice to her though. He doesn't know how to treat women." Colby said.
"You got that right.." I said.
"But he's all I have left. All my family either left me or passed away, and to make matters worse me and Scott didnt get along before the apocalypse and we just so happened to be the last ones living. We get along a little bit better now, but I still think he can be quite a douche sometimes." Colby muttered.
"Yeah.. I'm sorry your family passed away." I said looking up at him. We stopped walking now and we were just talking. Colby smiled for a split second then looked away. I could tell he was trying to decide if he should say something or not.
"Is it bad that I'm REALLY in love with you??" Colby said looked me strait in the eyes. He's cheeks turned bright red and he bit on his bottom lip.
"Colby I--"
"I know, I know you like jackson and I've done things really awful to you guys in the past but I really REALLY like you." He said moving closer to me until my back was on the shelves behind me. He started to lean in to kiss me but he stopped when the shelves behind me started to shake back in forth, about to tip over. Something was behind them shaking it back and forth. Colby grabbed my arm and we ran quickly out of the aisle and got out just as the heavy metal shelves fell and all the toys and everything fell out. Behind the shelf stood two boys About me and Colby's age. They both had bushy red hair and one wore a yellow and blue striped shirt and the other wore a red and blue striped shirt. They were obviously twins and they just about killed us!!!
"WHY'D YOU ASS HOLES JUST TIP OVER THOSE SHELVES!!!??" Colby yelled and the boys ran away as fast as they could.
"I hope they get eaten by zombies" he spat.
"I'm sure we'll see them again.. And when we do.. Kick their asses" I said.
"Will do" he muttered. I looked over at Colby.
"Well... We should keep looking" I muttered and turned to walk the other way. Colby walked quickly until he was by my side... Standing really awkwardly close to me. The weird thing was... I didn't move away... I kind of liked it.
****COLBYS POV****
I walked quickly to catch up with Kylie and I stood really close to her, our arms even touched. I could feel sparks fly between us. I really like Kylie. She looked up at me and I like right into her big, bright blue eyes. She quickly looked down and I could feel my heart racing. To break the awkward silence I thought up a question to keep us talking.
"So what's your story? What happened to your family?" Kylie looked up again, and looked strait into my eyes. This time I was the one to look down before I started sweating.
"I lived with my dad and sister named Josie in a house.... I mean mansion In the middle of nowhere." She said. "My mom passed when I was young, so I didn't get a chance to meet her... Or Atleast I don't remember meeting her." She said quieter now. "After the apocalypse... We stayed at my house for a month or two... Not many zombies went there.. And the ones that did.. My dad would kill. Me and my sister were very bored... Cause there was now friends anymore... We just had eachother. But one morning I woke up and they both abandoned me. I had no idea how to kill zombies... I'd never killed one before. So once I got into town... A zombie attacked me and I was so close to death... But Daryl saved me..." She said. I suddenly felt terrible for Kylie. How could her dad abandon her like that??!!!!
"I'm sorry Kyl-"
"It's ok." She cut me off. "I don't even care..."
"How could your own father leave you...?" I asked
"Beats me... In the letter he wrote before he left he said since I was the oldest I should be able to handle myself... But I obviously can't. I'm only 15... I'm still a child." Kylie said and wiped a tear that fell from her eye. I wrapped my arm around her and she put her head on my shoulder and quickly fell asleep. As I looked at her and her eyes fluttered closed.. I could feel this feeling in my heart like... Love. Fuck.... I'm in love with Kylie.
A/N- sorry for no update. All I gotta say.