Chapter 3- That was close

A/N- heyy guys. So I made a new cover for my story and so there is a girl in the middle which is Kylie and two guys. If u watch the walking dead u will know the one on the left is Darryl (who will come into the story later) and the one on the right is jackson (who will also come into the story later. So yeah here's the next chapter. Yay!

---------------------------------------------

Chapter 3- That Was Close

I took one last glance back at my house and walked down my gravel driveway. The sun stung my eyes. I hadn't seen sun for over 2 months... So as you could guess it is gonna take my eyes a long time to adjust. It took my about an hour to pack my back pack from last year of school full of supplies. I packed all the food and candy I'd been hiding in my closet since school ended. It wasn't much but it was enough to last me about a week. Plus I grabbed a pick axe from the garage and some clothes and hairties, rubber bands, wire, a hammer, two flashlights, batteries, a fold up hammock, ect. And right when I was about to leave I grabbed my dads old radio... Hoping maybe I could reach some people that are still alive out there. And I set off into the woods hoping it would be the safest place I could go. My dad had done all of the killing when it came to zombies around our house, and I chose not to watch, and I regretted that now. I had absolutely no idea how to kill zombies. I was 5'4 at the age of 15 and weighed barely over 100 pounds. A zombie could easily take me down. I still had to get used to the idea of basically killing people... But they aren't exactly people anymore... But still the idea of sending a pick axe through a zombies skull wasn't exactly welcoming.

After I killed that zombie in my own living room, I'd puked all over my shirt and shorts so I changed into short white shorts with a flowered pattern on them and a white shirt with light pink stripes on it and pulled my hair into a braid on the side of my head and put on sparkly white toms. I know, not the best outfit for fighting zombies but I don't exactly have a "zombie hunting" outfit! Do you? The woods were quiet. The only noise was the sound of twigs snapping beneath my shoes. After about 10 minutes of walking I had made it to the edge of the woods. I stood behind a tree and stared at the town square. It was empty with the exception of 2 or 3 zombies. I could take them... I think.

I ran as fast as I could towards the zombie that was nearest to me. It was a young man who had probably just changed because his skin was gray and just beginning to peel. I lifted the axe up over my head and used all my strength to send it through the zombies skull. Black thick liquid oozed out of the wound. I puked in my mouth but swallowed it back down. I ripped the axe out of his head which caused a fountain of blood to pour out of the wound. He fell to the ground in a puddle of his own blood. "Ok" I breathed. The noise caused another zombie to limp towards me, this one was a girl about my age that I remember seeing around my school a few times. I did the same thing as before I lifted the axe over my head and tried to hit her in the head but missed and chopped her arm clean off. I expected her to fall to fall to the ground and bleed and but she kept limping towards me. I panicked and swung the axe and cut the left side of her neck. Her head fell of to the right side. Blood poured out of her neck but she didn't stop. Two other zombies came after me now. I started to panicked. I picked up the axe and swung it like a baseball bat cutting her head Clean off. Her head fell to the ground and her body followed it. "Uh that could have gone better" I whispered as I turned to face the other zombies. The first zombie was a elderly women. I kicked her in the stomach and she fell backwards to the ground. I picked up my axe and rammed it into her head. Blood squirted everywhere. I turned to the other zombie and gasped. This zombie had been a zombie for a very long time and obviously had been in a few fights with humans and had won. It was a very fat zombie who's skin was peeling of revealing its bones and its arm hung by a limb with flesh hanging out of it. I swung the axe missing its head and chopping its nose clean off. Blood squired out but that didn't stop it. It wobbled towards me I backed up and swung at it making minor cuts in its stomach and neck but it kept coming for me. It backed me up against a tree. I held my arms out against its neck keeping it as far away from me as I could as it snapped its rotting teeth hoping to bite into my flesh and eat me alive. I knew I wasn't gonna make it. That thought caused tears to fall down my cheek. I stared at the zombie and right when I was about to give up an arrow went strait through the zombies head. Blood squirted all over my face and clothes and it fell to the ground. I just stood their for a few seconds before I turned my head to where the arrow came from. A tall redneck who looked to be about 25-30 years old stood with a cross bow in his hand.

"So you just gonna stand there or are you gonna run?" the man said in a deep husky voice. I turned to see a crowd of zombies running towards us.

"Run. Definitely run" I said as I turned and ran towards him. He turned and ran in the same direction but he was must faster than me. He must've heard my struggling and heavy breathing cause he slowed down and picked me up and through me over his shoulder. We ran and I just stared at the zombies chasing behind us. Suddenly he stopped and set me down in front of a red truck. He opened the door and hopped inside so I did the same. As soon as I was in he started up the truck and drove off. I didn't notice before but there was another person in the car. It was a girl about my age but seemed much taller than me. She had short brown hair and a large gun in her hand. We just stared at eachother awkwardly for awhile before I introduced myself.

"My names Kylie and I'm 15." They both just stared at me. "Now it's your turn" I said with a small grin. The girl finally spoke

"My name is Maggie and I'm 16" she said smiling.

"Darryl, 28" the man said not even cracking a grin.

The rest of the drive was awkward until eventually I fell asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N- yeah so I didn't really know how old Maggie and Darryl are but ya know I made them the ages I wanted them to be. So if you watch the walking dead you will know most of these characters coming up so yeah. I hope you liked this chapter, honestly it was the funnest chapter to write so far so yeah! Plus I want more people to read this story so pleeeeeeaaasssssssseeeeeeeee if u would be so awesome and give me a quick little shoutout in one of your stories!!! Pleaaasseeeee I would like love you foreevvvver! :) ok bye guys ~Kaitlynn