Chapter 5- Kick Ass

Chapter 5- Kick Ass

I wake up to the sound of a door slamming shut. It took me a little while to realize where I was. I hopped out of bed and went into the bathroom. I looked in the mirror. My hair was a mess and I was sweating. I pulled my hair into a high pony tail and splashed water on my face. I looked in the mirror and walked out of the bathroom. The voices were coming from outside. I opened the door and saw almost everybody was awake and eating breakfast. I walked over and sat down in a chair next to Andrea. I had some bacon and a glass of milk. I wasn't that hungry. Then Merell stood up.

"We are running out of weapons and we never know when the walkers could attack. So we need about 6 people to volunteer to go into town and ill be one of them." Merell said.

"I volunteer" said Andrea.

"Me too" said Glenn.

"I will" said Darryl

"I'll go" I said. Everyone one looked at me and I shrugged.

"Me" said a man named t-dog that I was never introduced to.

"Ok that's all we need" said Merell "we will leave in 10 minutes" everyone nodded. Me and Andrea walked inside to get ready.

"Do you guys usually go into town?" I asked

"We only go when we need to." Said Andrea. "It's over run with walkers." I nodded. I grabbed my pick axe and pulled on black short gym shorts and a pink shirt with purple stripes. Then I pulled a purple headband in my hair to keep loose hairs from flying in my face cause the last thing I needed was hair flying in my face when I'm fighting a zombie. After I'd finished getting ready I emptied my backpack but put in my pick axe, the flashlight, batteries, wire, and some snacks. Then I went outside where they were all gathering stuff and putting it in the truck. After we had everything packed in the truck everybody got into cars.

"You 2 ride with me" Darryl said pointing at me and Andrea. We looked at eachother then back at him and nodded. We hopped into the same red truck that I had ridden in right after I was almost eaten alive by a fat zombie. We hopped in the back and Darryl and Merell rode up front. When we were in Darryl started up the car and started driving. It was very bumpy so I held onto my stuff so it wouldn't fall. After about 5 minutes we came out of the forest and the road wasn't as bumpy anymore. We road for awhile. Me and Andrea talked some, and I did anything to keep my mind off of the zombie filled town. After awhile we pulled into town. There was a group of 5 zombies right when we got into town but Darryl ran them over without a care in the world. We drove around the outside of town and quickly drove into the parking lot of some building and ran inside locking the doors behind us. We all looked at eachother.

"Is everyone here?" Asked Merell. We nodded. "Ok Glenn you stand watch and we will head up to look for supplies"

"Ok" Glenn said and walked off. Merell walked off and everyone followed, so I followed them. We walked up to flights of stairs until we made it to the roof. We only saw 2-3 zombies on the way up but Darryl shot them into eye before I even knew it was there. Everyone walked around looking for stuff. You could tell another group had been up here but left in a hurry cause they left supplies. We found 3 hand guns, 5 bombs, and a base ball bat. Then Glenn came back... But he wasn't alone. He brought a man who looked about Darryl's age or older, and he was a cop. He had a serious expression on his face and had a gun in his hands.

"This is Rick. He was trapped inside that tank over there, completely surrounded by walkers. So I saved him" said Glenn. Rick had black curly hair and a beard that looked like it hadn't been shaved for a long time. Suddenly from behind me I heard t-dog yell at Merell

"GIVE ME THE GUN" he yelled.

"I'm the boss around here so I don't have to do nothing you say" Merell snapped back.

"Who put you in charge" t-dog spat.

"Hey now let's just sort this out" said Rick. That's when Merell punched t-dog in the face and climbed on top of him and started punching him. Darryl tried to separate them but Merell elbowed him in the stomach.

"Oh my god, what do we do?!!!!" I yelled at Andrea. Andrea walked over and ripped Merell off of t-dog but Merell kicked her in the shin then pushed her onto to the ground. I gasped and walked over and kicked him as hard as I could right in the no-no square. He gasped an fell to the ground Rick then walked over punched him in the face then hand cuffed him to a pipe that ran across the roof.

"Nice going kid" said Rick patting me on the back.

"So what? You're just gonna leave me here" said Merell staring at Rick then at me with hatred burning in his eyes.

"Affirmative" said Rick. Suddenly I heard a bunch of groans coming from behind us. I turn around and Atleast 20 walkers were limping towards us. I ran and grabbed my pick axe and stood close to Darryl.

"Ya ready" he asked.

"I'm ready" I said with a nod. The first walker came and I kicked it in the leg sending it to the ground then I drew back the axe and sent it flying right threw his eye. Then the next one came and I swung the axe flying right threw its left ear and it came out its right ear. Blood squirted all over my shirt. Another walker came towards me but I couldn't get the axe out of the zombies head. I began to panic I tried and tried and the zombie was right by me and it snapped at my face but then a an arrow flew right past my ear going right through his eye. I moved out of the way and the zombie fell to the ground. I turned around and smiled at Darryl to say thanks and he nodded back. I killed a few more zombies and eventually we killed them all. We all just stood there looking around.

"Did anyone get bit?" I asked.

"No I don't think so" said Darryl. That's when I remembered Merell who was hand cuffed to the pipe. I turned towards the pipe he was hand cuffed to, but he wasn't there. All that was left was the hand cuffs and a bloody hand.

"Where did he go" I asked.

" I don't care as long as he's not here" said t-dog. "Let's get going and try to find some more supplies" we all nodded and walked down the stairs. Darryl came and said to me

"You did good out there, kid. I'm gonna start calling you kick ass" I laughed at this cause it was only the 3rd encounter I'd had with zombies. And what was with this whole "kid" thing? Why was everyone calling me that? Oh well. There's worse things they could call me.

-------------------------------------------------

A/N- yeah this was kind of based on the second episode of the walking dead. Of course I changed a few things but yeah. I'm honestly not very impressed with this chapter... I didn't know how to describe things and I don't even know if his name is t-dog but I thought it was something like that so yeah. Ok I'm gonna go to bed :) ill update sooooooon. Bye guys!