Snake Under The Mistletoe ~Severus Snape One-Shot~

Snake under the Mistletoe

A Severous Snape One-Shot

Clara P.O.V

I walked down the empty corridors with Lily, laughing and talking about how James had totally freaked out by our little prank.

''Did you see his face!?'' Lily guffawed.

''Oh my god, it was priceless!'' I laughed.

''Now thats the perfect gift!'' Lily laughed.

I nodded, Lily and I had been best freinds since we were little kids, Stone and Evans everyone knew us as.

''Do you want to go back to the common room and play cards?'' asked Lily, rummaging around in her bag for a deck of cards.

''Uhh, not today Lil, I have to meet someone.'' I said nervously.

Lily raised her eyesbrow, ''Really, who would that be? A snake maybe?''

''Maybe.'' I looked out of the snow filled window.

Lily sighed, ''Really Clara, there isnt any good reason that you keep seeing him!''

''Im not...seeing him.We're just...friends.'' I said sadly. My huge crush for Severus Snape had just grown over the years of our friendship. Strange that two Gryfindor girls and a Slytherin boy could get along so well.

''Right, does he know about you huge crush on him?'' Lily said, smiling a little.

''No.'' I said curlty, turning into another secret passageway that wold bring me back to the great hall, wich would be empty at four in the afternoon.

''See you later Lily.'' I said, waving back at her.

''Bye Clara, have fun with your snake.'' she sighed.

I ignored the insult and walked hurridly down the coridor to the great hall. Practiaclly running down the entryway staires I flew into the great hall to see Severus sitting by himself at the hufflepuff table.

''Hey Clara!'' he said happily. My breath caught in my throat; how can nobody else see the gorgeousness of this boy?

''Hey Sev, what do you want to do?'' I said, sitting opposit him.

''Care to play?'' he siad, waving his wand, a stack of cards fell onto the table.

''Gladly.''

Severus let me beat him-like every time. He was perfectly cabable of beating me because I was horribal, but he let me win anyway.

After houres of talking and playing cards, he said, in a low voice ''Meet me in the room of requerment tomorrow Clara? We can exchang gifts.''

''Okay, sure. After lunch?'' I said, tucking my long black hair behind my ears.

''Perect, see you then Clara.'' he waved and left the dininh hall.

He was replaced by students filling in for supper. I walked over to my table, sighing as I went.

''How was your snake time?'' Lily asked. Couldnt Lily undersdtand that Severus hadnt meant what hed said last year? He had just been angry, angry with Lilys now boyfriend.

''It was fine, thanks.'' I said, turning back to my food.

''Why do you hang out with that snake Clara?'' asked James Potter, his arm around Lilys shoulder.

''Dont call him a snake JAmes, hes not a reptile.'' I shot back.

''Hes really not a good influence Clara, we just worry for you.'' Sirius Black said, his eyes warm and his smile reasurring.

''I know, but Severus really is a good persone. James just brings the worst out in him.''

Everybody laughed and I changed the subgect ''So James, planning on taking Lily through the secret passage way by the suit of armore?'' everyone burst into laughter, that passageway was stauufed with mistltoe, you couldnt see the ceiling because if it.

James blushed ''Maybe, how about you Clara, are you meeting Snake boy there?''

I blushed back, ''The only snake that you'll be seeing there is the one I hid in the mistletoe, just for you.'' I smiled sweetly at him.

''Poisonuse?'' he said.

''Of course, my specialty!'' it really was, I could congire snakes frm thin air. Must be because I could speak parsel toung.

My Father had been a slytherin but had fallen in love witha sweet little Gryfindor.

''Ah, i'll have my wand.''

''Better watch out Lily, I may put one in his pants next.'' everyone just laughed harder.

I smiled as I saw a tall skinny boy with lank black hair smiling at me from the Slytherin table.

I smiled back and thought blissfuly of tomorrows meeting...

Christmas Day:

I quicly put on a bit of lip balm, brushed my hair quickly and grabbed Severus's present.

''How do I look?'' I asked Lily.

''You look fine, now go.'' she said, smiling a little.

''Kay, have fun Lily!''

I said over my shoulder, putting on some hand cream for my hands, wich were as dry as an old snake skin. No pun intended.

I rushed through the common room and secret passage ways. Everything was laden with wreathes and bows of spruce and springs of holly. Mistletoe hung from archways and door ways and floated plainly in mid air.

I finally got to the wall that was supposed to be the room of requierment and wispered as I walked past.

''I need a place to meet Severus. I need a place to meet Severus. I need a place to meet Severus.''

A door apeared and I opened it slowly, making sure no one was around.

''Merry Christmas Clara.'' Severus wispered from a chair in the corner.

''Merry Christmas Severus.'' I wispered back.

He got up and walked towards me, a wrapped package in is hands. I put out my hand, displaying my wrapping.

''For you, I made it myself.'' he said, putting out his own hand.

We excanged and I slowly unwrapped my gift to see a gold box, lifting the lid I saw the most beautiful necklace ever.

Inside a little glass ball a lion roared, shaking its great mane, beside it a snake rised, its eyes glimmering. Snow fell around them, showing how they could move around, playing in the snow.

''Oh Severus...I dont know what to say. Its..beautiful.'' I wispered.

''Here, let me put it on for you.'' he took the necklace from me and turned me around. I lifted my hair so he could shut the clasp, but when it was done, his fingers lingered on my neck.

''Theres something esle I want to give you...'' he wispered.

''Really, whats that?'' I said softly.

He turned me around, his hands on my waist. His dark eyes looked into mine, turning my legs to jelly.

''This.'' he leaned in and slowly put his lips to mine. His lips were soft and warm, tasting of hot chocolat and mint lip balm.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he in turn wrapped his arms arond my waist. His hair was soft, not at all greasy.

''Merry Christmas Clara.'' he wispered.

I was slightly breathless, ''Merry Christmas Severus.''

Then he kissd me again, and I had absolutly no worries baout any snakes falling out of the misltoes that had just appeared abouve us.