I Dont Bight! ~Remus Lupin~

I Don’t Bight!

A Remus Lupin One Shot

Raine P.O.V
The first time I ever saw Remus Lupin I was elevan years old. It was the first day of school and he saved me from Lucious Malfoy and his gang. To this day I still thank my lucky stars for that day, because without it, I wouldnt have my best friend. And ever since that day, I have loved Remus Lupin with all I have.
That was six years ago, now both of us are graduating. It makes me sad that I wont see his face every morning, but I guess I'll just have to live with it.
I walk into the great hall for breakfast, thinking of what food would help me ace my exams.
"Morning Moony!" I say, sliding into the seat beside him.
"Hi Raine," he says and looks back down at his book, scrunching his eyebrows together in concetration.
"Stop it Remus, you have to eat." he grumbles something and yells when I take his book away.
"Rai!" he exclaims as I put a bowl full of porrige infront of him.
"Eat, then study." I smile and hand him a spoon. I fill a bowl full of fruit and yogurt and start eating.
"Raine, I can eat and study at the same time!" Remus complains.
"No," I say firmly "I hardly get to talk to you anymore, I want Remus to go away and Moony to come back!" I pout and take his spoon and stuff his mouth full of porrige.
"Mrrane!" he yells and spits porrige all over Peter.
"Sorry," he says, glaring at me and wiping his mouth.
Peter sighs "Its alright, I know Im going to fail!" he says and his beady eyes fill.
"If you fail Wormtail, I'll sneak in and change your marks." I reasure him while winking at James and Lily as they sit beside us.
"I didnt hear you leave this morning Lil...or come back, come to think of it." I muse and giggle as Remus laughs -covering Peter in porrige again- and Lily and James blush.
"yes, well..." Lily stutters while James just grins.
"nervouse James?" I say and wave my wand so the sweat spots under his arms vanish.
"No!" he says as peter snickers.
We all finish eating and head back to the common room so they can turn the great hall into an examination room.
Remus heads for a window seat and I follow, smacking the head of my little brother Henry as I go.
We quiz each other as we wait, brains going into overdrive as Megnagle walks in.
"get ready students, and good luck!" she gives us all a small smile as we follow her down to the great hall.
I walk beside Remus and look down at my hand as he gives it a small squeez.
I blush but quickly cover my face with waves of my blond and black hair and try to cover my blushing face.
We stop outside the doors and lean against a wall, side by side.
"I dont really want to go, I'll miss you to much." remus says, his eyes sad.
"Me too," I move closer, our shoulders touching "I dont know if I can stand not seeing you everyday."
"Its going to be hard, but" he closes his big hand over my small one "I'll always be yours." I rest my head -Im a head shorter than him-against his shoulder and sigh.
We stand like that; our backs against the wall, hands intwined, my head on his shoulder.
We both jumped when Dumbledor told us to enter and go to our assigned seats.
I wander up and down the isle, looking for the desk with my name card on it. Once i find it my eyes imeadiatly find Remus. he does the same and winks at me.
I smile and sit down, twirling my anti-cheat spell quil in my fingers. I impatiently wait for the test to start, I knew I was going to pass, so there were no worries there. I just wanted to go out to the lake with Remus and fool around. Or prank Snivelus! yeah...good idea...
I sigh and try not to think of the futur. A futur that was nearly blank. All I could see was me being something to do with the Ministry and...remus. Definatly Remus.
But what will he be in my futur? I know what I want him to be; I want to be with him. I want to kiss him, hold his hand and brew him wolfbane potion every month and cover for him while he changes.
I want him to be mine.
***
When the test is over everyone rushes out of the graet hall and into the courtyard, chatting excitedly about starting jobs in September.
I just weave throgh the crowds until I find Remus, but I cant find him anywhere. I eventually find Lily and I run up to her.
"Lily, have you seen Remus?" I say, loosening my tie.
"I think he went to the lake, theres James. See you raine!" she ran off into James arms and for a second I cant help but replace them with Remus and I.
I start of to the lake, my eyes earching and stopping at the old birch tree that Lily, James, Peter, Remus and I had taken as our own.
I walked down the grassy sloap, stopping infront of Remus.
"Hi," I say, sitting close next to him.
"Hi."
We just sit like that; two friends. Our shirts untucked, ties loose. It was boiling hot so both our sleeves were rolled up to our elbows.
It was a scene from back in time.
We had sat like this a thousand times before in the past seven years since we first met, but never before have we sat like this with tears. I guess theres a first time for everything.
"Do you promise to write all the time?" I ask.
he looks over at me and puts his arm around my shoulders."Every day."
"promise?" I say, wiping my eyes.
"Promise," he wipes my eyes and carreses my cheek lightly.
"Remus-"
"Raine-" we say at the same time.
I laughe nervously "You first."
He nods "I-I want," he sighs frustratingly "I dont know how to say this."
"Spit it out moony, I dont bite."I joke.
He smiles nervously "If there was one person in the whole world that I could be with for the rest of my life with, Raine, it would be in no doubt you."
"Remus-" he puts a finger to my lips and goes on.
"But I cant be with you Raine, its just to dangerouse. I want nothing more than for you to be mine, but its just not possibal with my...furry little problem." he smiles but I cant move. "Im sorry Raine."
He gets up and starts walking away, but I jump up and grab onto his arm.
"Please Remus, Im begging you!"I move closer and pull him to me.
He slowly pulls away, his face portrays pain, nothing but pain.
"I love you Raine, but I cant be with you without hurting you." he leans closer and gently puts his lips to mine. I try to pull him closer, try to make it last-but he pulls away.
"Goodbye Raine," he wispers.Then he walks away, leaving me by the lake by myself.
I fall to the ground, fat tears roll down my face. I put my head to my knee and cry, for the first time since coming to Hogwarts, Remus isnt there to comfort me. Then a realization comes over me.
The kiss I had been waiting for since the first time he winked at me. The first time he hugged me and swung me around. The time he saved me from a runaway pixi.
The kiss I had thought would open so many doors, was closing the most important one.
Three years later:
Three years ago, the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with broke my heart. It took me a long time to recover, to get back on track. But I did it, and now I was a succesful healer.
I was an Auror but had started out in healing. Now I was head of the whole office and reported straight to the minister.
My partner in fighting crime was my old school friend, James Potter.
"Are you still coming for Harry's birthday party Raine?" James asked, picking up his brif case.
I imediatly smiled "Of course, I couldnt miss my godson's first birthday!" I smiled and briefly looked at the picture of James's son -my godson- on my desk; he looked so much like James, but had Lily's eyes.
"Great, are you going home first?"
"yeah, I have to chnage."
"Okay, I'll see you later then." he waved and stepped into the fire place.
I smiled fondly as I stepped into the next fire pace and came out into my small apartment.
I had a shower and straightened my hair. The cut was new; the back went to the base of my neck and got longer as it came around to the front, the tips resting just below my brest bone. The outside was midnight black while the inside and a streak in the front was blond.
I pulled on a black dress, I added a belt and a beaded necklace.
(goes toabout mid thigh)
I did my make up and was just about to leave when I added my old silver charm braceklet from Remus, a small silver chain with a little silver wolf on it.
I fingered the wolf and sighed. Maybe I wasnt entierly over him yet.
I grabbed myvelvet green coat and avaporated to the Potters street.
I opened the gate to their small house and went up the walk, my heels clicking on the stone. I nocked thrice on the door and was greeted by Lily, wearing a greendress and black heels.
"Its been to long Raine, you have to come over more often. Harry adors you!"
I laghed "I come over every sunday and wensday for supper Lil, I would think you would want to get rid of me!"
We walked down the hall and into the kitchen where I was attacked by harry and his little fists.
"Auntie rainie!!!" HArry yelled, hugging my leg excitedly.
"Hi Harry, hows my favourit God Son?"I said, picking him up and twirling him all around.
His little face went into concentration mode and he frowned "Im wour wonly god son Auntie Rainie?" he said, giggling.
"I know, and I luv ya for it!"I kissed his forehead and put him down.
I sat at the table with Sirius, Lily and James and sipped wine, ate cheese and laughed alot.
A nock at the door told us another guest had arrived. Lily was busy opening another bottle of wine and James and Sirius were cooking burgers.
"Can you get that Rai?" I nodded and went to answer the door, a smile on my face.
"hello-remus?" I cried, dropping my wine glass.
We both just stared at each other, memories came crashing backat me all at once.
"Hello Raine, how are you?" he asked, waving hiswand the glass and the wine dissapeared.
"Fi-fine, how about you?" I said, taking the glass from his hand.
His eyes didnt leave my wrist, he grabbed it with his huge hands.
"Yourwearing your bracelet..." he wispered.
"yes, I never take it off." I looked up and our eyes met.
A warm feeling spread over me, a feeling that I had missed for three long years.
"Ah, Remus! We thught you might not be joining us!" James said, Harry on his hip.
"I wouldnt miss it prongs," he looked my way briefly "there are people I want to see."
I blushed but quickly composed myself. This is the boy who I had loved for seven years, the one who broke my heart!
But do I still love him?
***
I had done Lily a favor and put little Harry to bed, reading him a story and staying with him until he was dreaming peacfully.
Now I was outside, just getting a breath of air. It was a beautiful night, stars shon and a moon wasnt even in sight.
I shook my head. It didnt matter to me if there was a fullmoon anymore...I didnt need to wait for Remus to change back...to wish that I could accompany the boys to the shrieking shack once a month...
"Its a beautiful night." a familiar voice said from behind me, deep and rough.
I spun around, finding myself nose-to-nose with remus.
"Oh!" I said, trying to pull away, but realizing he had his strong arms wrapped around my waist.
"Remus-" I said, but was silenced when he put a finger to my lips.
"please listen to me Raine, Ive wanted to say this for a very long time." I just nodded.
he took a deep breath and started to speak, looking into my eyes the entire time.
"raine, do you remember the day i told you I loved you?" I nodded, tears brimming.
"Well, I wasnt lieing. But I was lieing when i said it would be better if we didnt be together."
I stopped breathing.
"Raine, I cant live without you. for three years Ive tried to tell you,but I just havnt been able to spit it out."
"Please, Raine. Just give me another chance."he looked at me, waiting for a reply.
"I dont bite." we laughed.
"Yes, oh yes Remus yes!" then we kissed, and a thousand differant doors opened.
NineteenYears later:
Nineteenears ago, Remus Lupin asked for another chance.
I gave it to him.
When Voldemort took over Hogwarts, I was nine months pregnant with mysecond child. I fought, and had my daughter, Hazel, a few houres later. Her godfather is Harry Potter, my Godson.
Now I live in Godrics hollow, I have two children with Remusand are impatiently awaiting the arrival of our third in a month.
"hello love," Remus said, wrapping his arms around me and my bloated stomach,kissing me from behind.
"hello," I said, truning a round and kissing him.
"Oh!" I say, my hands flyng to my stomach.
"What is it?" Remus says, worry creasing his face.
I laugh "Nothing Moony, baby just says hi." he kisses me and then kisses my stomach.
"Lets go see if Harry needs help with the kids," i say, taking his hand and leading him to the back yardwhere Harry was entertaining his godchildren.
"Logan, be careful!"Harry said, taking Logan down from the apple tree.
"Mommy!" Logan cries and runs to me.
"Hi honey, did you be good for Uncle Harry?" I ask, kissing her hair.
"Yeah, we played pony!" hazel said and toddle over to us.
Remus picked up Hazel and I took Logans hand.
"Thank you so much Harry, I slept for houres!"
"Anything for you Aunt Raine." he said, kissing me cheek.
When Harry had left and the kids were asleep, Remus took me outside into the garden. We lay down on an old blanket and I cuddled into him.
"Come here Raine," Remus says, trying to kiss me.
I smile and shake my head,not wanting to get into it and hurt the baby.
"I dont bite," he wispers.
I laughe quietly, "I know,and I love you."
When he kisses me, Im taken back to athousand differant memories. The first time he toldmehe loved me,when he asked for a second chance.
"I love you." he wispers,and I belive him.