AllI Want For Christmas Is You

• Dedicated to those who spend Christmas wishing they were benath the mistletoe (like me), and

All I Want For Christmas Is You

~*~*~*~

            I slowly walked home from the library, my bag weighing down my shoulder. Could there be a worst time for it to be snowing? Usually I loved snow; especially around christmas. But this christmas I wasnt even wishing for snow, no, I was wishing for something much harder to get...

I shook myself lightly, christmas was a time for joy, a time for family. Not lost loves...

I kicked a stone onto the road and walked faster; I just wanted to get home and cry. Who cares that I'll be single over christmas? Pft, not me. Not really...

I opened the door to my house to hear my mother in the kitchen with my little brother Mackenzie singing carols. The smell of ginger bread wafted down the hallway to me, making my mouth water.

''Natasha! Come and be our tast tester!'' Mom yelled from the kitchen.

''Coming!'' I yelled back. I walked into the kitchen to be tackled by my five year old brother, Mackenzie, who waved a hot pice of ginger bread in my face.

''Try Tash! Try, try, try!'' he giggled as I tickled his under arms.

''Thanks Mack,'' I bit into the warm cookie ''Yuuuummmmm!'' I said, giving him a big kiss.

''Good, yay! Tash likes our cookies!'' he looked up at our mother ''Me too, Mummy?''

Mom laughed, handing him a cookie she looked at me, her eyebrows knitting together. ''How was your day Tash, get enough studying done?''

''Yep, going back tomorrow.'' I said, sitting at the breakfast nook to watch the snow come down, pushing aside all Mom’s stuff, shes a lawyer, so our house is always covered in papers.

''Oh no your not, your helpin with Christmas baking and wrapping.'' Mom said, wagging her finger at me.

''But Mo-om!'' I whined-I know, whining about wanting to study.

''No, your helping me tomorrow. Tomorrows Christmas Eve, so no. Your going to do some last minuit shopping for me.'' Mom said, putting another batch of cookies in the oven.

I didnt say anything. As long as I had something to do, I was fine. I carried a stack of plates into te dining room, trying to ignore the giant tree in the other room.

''NATASHA! HELP ME!'' my younger sister Blair said, running in to the room. She was thirteen-going-on-nineteen and apparently I was the answer to all her questions.

''What now Blair?'' I said,straitening the silverware.

Blair leaned in, looking around to make sure that the dining room was empty. ''Kyle Runed asked me out!'' she wispered excitedly.

Great, even my little sister won’t be single over christmas.

''Didn’t he go to mexico?'' I said.

Blair made a face ''Yeah, he asked me out from mexico!''

''Thats great Blay, absolutly wonderful.'' I said, putting down the dishes and running to my room. I slamed my door, making my picures rattle on the walls. I threw myself down on the bed and cried, clutching the picture that had sat on my bedside table for two years to my chest.

''Oh Zack, why'd you have to leave?'' I whispered, sniffeling. My picture was clutched tightly in my hands and my eyes never leavig the snowflakes falling softly to the ground. ''All I want for christmas is him, but Santa Clause cant help me there, now can he?'' I asked my cat, Zsa Zsa.

She mewed at me and butted her head against my hand, trying unsuccesfuly to cheer me up.

''Maybe it was for the best, maybe I was a horribal girlfriend to him. Maybe Deirdra is better for him.'' I kissed his photo and slowly put in my drarwer, where I hoped it would stay.