Dog Tags

A/N: This would be in Season 2, I think. Phoenix's father is Zeus, as said before, which is why he poofs out in this story. The Camp I'm talking about is Camp Half-Blood. All children of gods go there in the summer to train. And . . . Phoenix is about sixteen (she'll turn sixteen at the camp she is leaving to go to). McGarrett is technically seventeen, and Danny is obviously almost sixteen also. 

* * *

I lazily threw a leg over the arm of the couch in Steve McGarrett’s office, completely and utterly bored. There were no cases. Nothing to keep me preoccupied, keep my mind busy. Ugh.

“Phoenix.”

I turned my head to stare at McGarrett blankly.

“You look bored.”

“No. This is like an amusement park ride for me!”

He rolled his eyes at my sarcasm as I stared at the ceiling once more. “Don’t blame me, blame the hours. If I had it my way, I’d go home on weekdays we didn’t have cases. And do something helpful, most likely.”

I tuned my head to face him curiously. “Like what?”

“Well, I’d probably swim for one.”

“That’s not helpful.”

“I wasn’t done yet!” he got up to pace. “I’d make sure everything in the house was working right.”

I rolled my eyes. “It’s already spotless and completely fine, but go on.”

“After that . . .” he came over to me. “I’d put on a movie and watch it with a certain someone.”

“And who would that be?” I asked playfully, already knowing the answer.

“I’ll give you a hint.” And then he kissed me. I melted and returned it, forgetting that we were in an office with windows and possible witnesses. He had the power to make me do something I hate to: break the rules.

He broke away slowly a second later.

“Mm. That person. I rather like her.”

“Yeah. So, Williams, would you like to watch a movie with me later tonight, now that I’m thinking about it?”

I smiled, still a bit dazed. “Of course, McGarrett.” Then my smile turned into a glare. “But what have I told you about kissing me at work?”

“Sorry, couldn’t help it. No more.”

I rolled my eyes, refraining from telling him that he had said the exact same last time. “I’m going outside for a bit. I need to be in open air.”

He nodded. “Alright. Love you.”

“Love you too, SEAL. Be back soon.”

And with that, I headed outside. I wandered a bit around the building, eventually finding a secluded spot outback. There were some flowers, very pretty ones, which relaxed me a lot. I was just basking in the sunshine when someone approached.

“What are you doing?”

I jumped, opening my eyes to see my father. “Father. What are you doing here?”

He shrugged, sitting next to me. “To tell you that Camp starts in three days.”

My blood froze. No. It can’t be already. Usually, I’d be excited, but that meant leaving McGarrett for the whole summer. I had been putting off talking about it, or even thinking of it.

“You don’t want to go.”

I started at his voice and sighed. “I do, but I’ll miss my friends.”