[Clean] KanekixInvestigator!Reader: Special Case

Just as requested ~(‾▿‾~)

I was working on my Yarichin book while I was gone so maybe that's why I lost track of time, anyway here's some Ken for you~

I'm adding some sad stuff here based on the anime not the manga unless it's the same idk~

----

You sit at your desk, writing and filing important papers like usual. Yawning, you pick up your cup of coffee and smell the nice aroma that it gives. Before you took a sip of it someone comes in and startles you. You look up from your desk and see that it was just Hide. He's your best friend ever since you moved next door to his home. It wasn't your idea to shorten his name to Hide, he told you that you could call him that. He also introduced you to Ken, you two got close enough for him to let you casually call him by his first name.

It was funny but you were the oldest one out of both of them. You were close to completing your quest to qualify in becoming a part of the CCG. Once you show your high skills and training you will qualify to become a rank 2. Ever since unknown ghouls have killed your parents you swore revenge and started the hard training to become an investigator. When you moved you were at the brink of giving up, the image of their bodies bloodied and broken was scarred deep in your memory. If it weren't for Ken and Hide, you would have lost your life's work. Perhaps even your life.

Now you got up in ranks and had to leave them behind, but as time passed you find out that Hide started working in the same department. It made you so happy, having someone you knew so well around you made the atmosphere calmer. Even if it was just for short moments in the day.

"Ah, Hide, you brought my files?" You smile and hold out your hand.

He nods and hands them to you, "Yep! Today was chaotic with mail... why is that?"

You open the files and go through them, "Oh, it's because of..." You stop yourself, "Not sure..."

He stays quiet, examining you closely, but then speaks, "Hey, I've been hearing a lot about an eye-patched ghoul..."

"Eye-patched ghoul..." You mutter and sip your coffee. "Why did you bring that up? You curious?" You smirk.

He scratched the back of his neck and chuckles, "Yeah, it's all I hear about when I pass people during my deliveries."

You tap your chin in thought, What harm could it have to tell him? "Well... lately there's been damage and attacks about this ghoul who wears an eye-patched like mask, look." You pass him a picture that was caught in the traffic cameras, the ghoul was indeed wearing the mask you described, he also has white hair and a black outfit that covered most of his body. "It's funny, they're going to assign me on a new case with someone soon, I just need to meet my partner." You smile and take back the photo.

Hide continues to search through the files related to the eye-patch ghoul as if it was normal, "You sound so calm about this, (Your Name)... I would be so scared!" He laughs as he jokes around.

"Ah- Give me those!" You take them out of his grasp and pout, "You could get in trouble if you do that, you know." You lecture him and sigh, "I have to admit that I am worried but it's my job, I worked so hard to get to where I am."

"Heh, well just be careful when you go out there," He holds out his hand and you happily grabbed it, both of you harden your grasps and smile. "I'll see you later (Your Name), I have to deliver the rest of these." He points to the small pile of left over deliveries and goes out.

It hurt to lie to him, you were assigned to the ward where allegedly the one-eyed-owl is hiding. The first time you went into battle was when you met this kid, Juuzou, he looked younger than his actual age. Jason was located in the area, when you saw Juuzou as he worked it was like a sight you've never seen before. Everything was in chaos, the whole place went down to dust. Ever since then the eye-patched ghoul appeared.