I've missed you Hope.

Time Skip 4 months.

Aiden's POV

I sat there nervously in my chair as I waited for the principal to call my name. The annual promotion ceremony to announce those who had made it to their senior year. I couldn't help but feel some emptiness without Hope here, I was lost in my thoughts when I heard my name. Abruptly I stood up and the names continued to be called, I heard others and along with Ash's and Klay's name I clapped. Mother's clapped, grandmother's cried and yet I barely paid attention, my mind was elsewhere. As the ceremony came to an end I found my way to Ash, he wrapped his arms around me and I embraced him. He gave me a kiss on the forehead and peered down at me.

"You seem out of it, celebrate, you are an early senior among the rest." I sighed and nodded, forcing a smile.

"I know; it's just Hope is supposed to be here." I whispered. He gave my head a pat as Klay walked over to me.

"Hey congrats, I was planning on picking up some flowers and stopping by the hospital. Klay smiled and I nodded as Ash shook his head.

"I will have to take a rain check, I have an event to get to. It won't take me long." He gave me another kiss on my forehead and ruffled my hair. I smiled and nodded as Ash branched off from Klay and I.

"Hopefully she can see us." Klay said, he had such optimism in his voice. It had been four months already and no one was allowed to see her.

"You think so?" I asked Klay as we both went to collect our jackets to head out.

"Well yea, one day she will demand to see us." He said with a grin, I followed behind him as we grabbed our coats. "You can ride with me." He said with a heavy pat on my shoulder, I was still halfway into my thoughts. Riding with Klay was silent, almost every week since that night I had tried to see Hope. She either refused or the doctor said it would be a danger to her mental health. Hope had a mental break down to put it simply, along with shattering plates she had given Lee a nasty gash and for about a month temporary memory loss. Needless to say she went out with a bang.

"Why do you stay around?" I asked Klay softly as I watched the hospital logo grow in sight.

"Hm?" He asked.

"Stick with Hope? She has so many problems, what makes you stay?" It seemed blunt but I wanted to know. "Not to sound like an asshole." I added, Klay turned into the hospital parking lot.

"Because." He started and he seemed to smile. "You know, that warm feeling you get when you are outside all day and drink warm soup?" He asked and I chuckled.

"Gross soup, but yes."

"That's the feeling I get when I think of her." He said sheepishly. "No other girl seems to bother my mind." He laughed as he put his truck in park. "Sounds cheesy I know, but..." I smiled.

"No, no. It is sweet." I said as I climbed out the truck. "Just, know Hope isn't a walk in the park." I said as Klay nodded as we entered the hospital. Klay made a stop to buy some flowers, I waited patiently, silently praying that I could see Hope. As Klay and I entered the elevator I waited quietly, I glanced over to the flowers Klay held. Some colorful daisies, rainbow color. I had never seen flowers like that before.

"Do you think they actually give her all the flowers you send?" I asked as he adjusted the flowers.

"I think so, why wouldn't they?" I shook my head.

"Just a thought." The elevator clicked open on the sixth floor, we stepped off and approached the nurse's desk.

"Hello, we are here to see Hop-"The nurse stood up.

"Hope." She cut Klay off and my eyes followed the red heads form as she carried a clip board.

"Sorry to cut you off, it is just you two show up so often so." She smiled and gestured us toward the hallway. "I am excited to say you can see her today." She said and I felt my heartbeat quicken as I followed behind the nurse and Klay. The hallway seemed endless until she stopped to point us to a large recreation room. As I stepped from around Klay as the nurse pointed to a brown haired girl, wearing a white scrub like uniform. Her hair had grown out, tucked behind her ear as she bent over to pick up a book, examining it carefully. I couldn't move, her face seemed fuller, her eyes brighter.

"H-hope" I whispered out, but it came out as a quiver. I began a short sprint toward her, and I cried out her name as tears flew down my face. "Hope!" I cried out as she looked up and I took her down into a hug. I cried as I held her there, she seemed hesitate as she wrapped her arms around me.

"Aiden?" She whispered at first not sure who exactly I was, but as if the light switch came on in her brain her grip tightened. "Aiden!" She exclaimed as she hugged me tighter, burying her face in my shoulder as we both cried on the floor. Our moment was interrupted as Klay cleared his throat, I climbed off of Hope and she sprung up to give Klay a tight squeeze.

"Klay." She whispered, he held her there. He dropped the flowers to hold her, I could see the shimmer of a small tear in the corners of his eyes.

"I missed you." He whispered in her ear as he rubbed her back.

"I missed you too." She returned and I picked up the bundle of flowers as I wiped my own tears. Hope anxiously released Klay to sit us down at a nearby table. She looked at us both, looking down for a moment the back up. As if she had something to say however we didn't speak.

"I'm sorry." Hope said as she looked up. "For how I acted. Months ago." She said and I exchanged a look with Klay, I reached out to touch her hand.

"You don't have to say sorry to us Hope." I said and Klay agreed.

"How is mom?" She asked quietly, she tucked her hair behind her ear again. "Has she come to visit me?" I didn't exactly know the answer to that question, I knew that her mother had to go to classes with a therapist to help with her hidden feelings.

"I am not sure." I answered and Klay shrugged as she looked over to him.

"I feel awful for the way I acted." She admitted, I could see a pained expression on her face as she spoke. I just rubbed her hand because I couldn't relate, all the doctors told us was that she had a nervous breakdown. A combination of stress and everything else in her life caused her to finally snap losing her mind.

"Well don't, you are only a human. You seem like you are so much better now." I felt Klay give me a nudge and I sat up straighter.

"I'm sorry I don't mean it like that I- "Hope held up her hand and flashed a warm smile.

"It's fine, I understand what you mean. I have changed for the better. "She whispered and stood up. "Come here." She urged Klay and I, she took Klay's hand and pulled us back into the hallway. I still carried the flowers as she entered her room. Upon entering it a strong floral scent waivered up, I scanned the room to see vases of flowers covering the windowsill and the dresser, some sat on the nightstand. Some were still beautiful and perky and others had wilted beyond beautiful.

"Is this?" Klay began, Hope smiled sheepishly and shook her head.

"All the flowers you two have brought me." She added and released his hand, Klay looked down at her and brought her up in a bear hug. Her small feet elevated off the floor she giggled. Her laugh sounded so fresh and youthful, the laugh that I had not heard in years. I caught my breath in my throat and I began to cry again, letting the flowers drop to the floor as I began to sob inconsolably.

"Aiden?" Klay whispered and Hope pulled away from Klay to embrace me, she seemed to understand why.

"Hope I just." I choked out my words as I continued to sob. "I have missed you so much!" I exclaimed as she held me tighter, she began to sniffle as she laughed through a sob. Hiding her face in my small shoulder;

"I've missed me too." She whispered back to me as we both held each other and cried happily. We both seemed to understand what each other meant, without words we shared our moment of warmth. The love budding between us seemed like something so foreign yet so familiar it made me grow weak at the knees, god I missed her so much.

"Don't ever leave me again." I whispered as I rested my forehead on hers, we both took in a shaken breath and shared a soft laugh.