Friends Are Forever

It had been about three days since the attack, I had heard that they had Bridget in custody now and were looking for the other guy. Aiden happily explained his half of the story, how he came in swinging. He had knocked Tim so hard he had forgotten half of the last past week. As for the other guy, he cracked a rib and punctured a lung. No charges were pressed against Aiden because it was labeled self-defense, and Aiden, was even noticed by a local news team for saving me. Aiden really wanted no part of the fame, and talked to the news report on the promise that his face would not be shown. Aiden and I had slept on the floor the entire three days, I got excused from my homeschool classes and my teacher sent me her love. The only person I now worried about was Klay, how had he taken all of this. My phone was supposed to be returned to me yesterday but it was no rush. Aiden since his breakdown seemed more open with me, he seemed like a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders. We spent the days laughing, and baking cookies for the upcoming holidays. Thanksgiving was actually in two days and so mom was worried, with all this mess going on and the family wanted to come by she feared it would be too much. I reassured her and she went through with the plans, Lee was an awesome guy. We had actually a lot of things in common. Small things of course, like music taste and some style. I had never bothered with African culture but I knew some things about it. I was actually sort of happy to have a man in the house and Lee made it feel safer. That Wednesday, Aiden had went to school and I almost had a panic attack. I wanted him to stay with me, because I didn't feel so alone when he was around. I mean mom and Lee were there but they were in their own world. I awkwardly sat in the kitchen with them as mother took out some cans to prepare the cooking for tomorrow.

"Lee here is going to help me cook, and make some African dishes." Lee smiled and wrapped his arms around my mom's waist and gave her a kiss. She lit up, and he gave her stomach a pat which made my mom swat away his hand. She pulled away quickly and smiled, I hadn't paid it any mind.

"I am excited to spend the holidays with your family." Lee said as he sat across from me, and I nodded and gave a slight smile.

"It will be nice this year, now that mom has someone to introduce." I said and mom turned around with a blush.

"Oh Hope, shut up. You haven't exactly had luck in finding love." She put a hand to her lips and made a face. AS if that was supposed to hurt me, but it didn't really bother me.

"I have Klay." I said and mom gasped.

"Hope, you should invite him." I made a face, my face was still a bit bruised and my legs were cut up and I had some awkward bruising on my legs and wrist. I didn't want him to see me like this, I glanced down.

"I don't even have my phone." I said and Lee laughed a bit, pulling a small blue bag out his pocket.

"I had taken it yesterday, I forgot to give it back to you." His accent was hard to listen too sometimes, I smiled and took the bag. Opening it I took my phone out, it had a small speck of blood on the white lining and I winced. Wiping it quickly with my thumb I held the power button. As it turned on my phone began exploding with messages, mainly from Klay but I saw some from Aiden. I blinked and made a face, not bothering with the text and I called Klay. My mom and Lee were doing some cute stuff and I stood up and walked into the living room.

"Hello?" The voice sounded groggy, I had almost forgot that he was supposed to be in school.

"K-lay?" My voice cracked and the voice perked up.

"Hope, I have been texting you for almost two days now. Are you alright! I heard." I silenced him and nodded as if he could see.

"Yeah, I'm fine...just beat up a little bit." Klay sounded relieved.