Chapter 30-2: I'm Obviously A Girl. But none of you idiots have to know that...

I’d never been one for large crowds.

Last time I was in one, I was separated from my little sister and she was murdered. It kind of has a negative effect on a person, if you know what I’m saying. Which I sincerely hope you do, because if not, you’re not too bright in the noggin.

Dances were just crowds. Crowds of drunk teenagers with tall high heels that could splice skin and spiked punch bowls that could knock you out for a whole night. I didn’t enjoy having to go down to the dance, but I had no other choice. Sam had disappeared, and I wanted to make sure she was fine.

More like you want to see that she’s not with Kale.

I ignored the tiny voice in my head and took a right turn as I arrived at the long corridor. I wasn’t even there and I could already hear the senseless ramblings of the intoxicated Kesha booming from the DJ’s speakers. I took a turn to the right, where I hesitantly entered the doorway. I looked around for a bit, seeing that Sam was no where to be found. I fixed my tie a bit. I hated being in this monkey suit. I felt like a younger Donald Trump.

“Oh my god!”

I turned to my left. Sure enough, the last person I wanted to see was there. “Hey, Lucy.” I greeted flatly.

“Alex! It’s so cool to see you again!” She chirped. Her burnt red hair was held up in a messy bun and she wore a shimmery green dress and black pumps. She looked like a leprechaun, to be totally honest. “You never called me!” She said, pouting, as if I was have supposed to.

I paused, “Oh. Woops.” I said dryly, not caring. Then I realized she might have seen Sam. “Hey, have you seen Sam?”

Her face went a bit sullen, jealous even. “No, I haven’t.” She said. Before I had time to respond or react, though, she had grabbed me by my hands and pulled me into the auditorium.

“H-Hey!” I said uneasily, yanking my hands away.

She pouted, putting her hands on her hips, “What’s wrong?” She asked, her green eyes sad. “Don’t you want to dance?”

I scrunched my eyebrows together. “No, not really. I have to find Sam.”

She pursed her lips, crossing her arms stubbornly, “Why?”

“Because I just need to, okay?” I said.

Suddenly, a smirk rose to her lips, “Not unless you dance with me.” She said, lacing her fingers through mine. I cringed. Damn these desperate, hormonal teenage girls. However, there would probably be no other way to get past her. I gulped. I suppose I had to take one for the team…

I pressed my lips together, “Fine.” I grunted.

She beamed, “Oh, yay!” She cried excitedly, jumping up and down. Before I could even look up again, she’d already tackled me in a bear hug. I yelped, not exactly sure what she was doing. God, I hated these girls so much. I pried her off of me, wishing I had a crowbar.