Chapter 30-1: I'm Obviously A Girl. But none of you idiots have to know that...

“What the hell is this?” Drake said, prodding the foreign looking cloth that laid on my bed limply, Kale, Alex and Aaron all crowded around it in awe.

“It’s some sort of choker device.” Drake said, pointing at it, his eyes lighting up as if he’d solved a “Scooby Do” sized mystery.

I rolled my eyes and shooed away their hands, holding the cloth up before their eyes. “This,” I said slowly, so that their miniscule brains could process it word-by-word, “Is a bowtie.”

All their heads cocked to the side. In unison, they all expressed their confusion, “Huh?”

“That’s not a bowtie.” Alex said, determined to prove me wrong, “It’s not all…bow-y. It’s all flat and curvy and stuff.” He said, ever so eloquently, pantomiming the shape of the undone bowtie with his hands.

“Yeah!” Drake shouted in agreement.

“That’s because I haven’t tied it yet.” I scoffed. Living in a house with a studious brother who received many awards at formal ceremonies helped with my knowledge of how to dress up in a very fancy manner. Will never did learn how to tie a bowtie. I felt myself smirk, “Who wants to be the victim?” I said, waving the cloth in front of their paralyzed faces.

“Alex does!” Parker cried, shoving Alex towards the front of the circle of us.

I felt a blush rise to my cheeks. Alex shrugged, “Come at me, Stone.” He said slyly, gesturing towards him.

I furrowed my brows. So that was how it was going to be.

I got up on my bed, standing as tall as it would allow and managed to reach even a few inches taller than Alex. I whipped out the tie and wrapped it around his neck, feeling a shock of electricity run through me like a lightning bolt as my knuckle brushed his neck. I began to tie it slowly, but my eyes met his electric blue ones and I almost got lost in them. Butterfly wings brushed gently against my stomach and I felt them flutter to the top, fighting their way out to escape. However, I tried to keep my cool and kept my face pale as usual, blank of any red hue of any sort. I finished the bowtie just in time for Kale to notice my obvious fussing over trying not to blush, and a curious eyebrow was raised. He seemed very…curious lately. Not just curious, though. But jealous. I would ask what was wrong, but I felt like it would somehow put my secret in jeopardy. If I talked to him about if I thought he was as jealous as he looked, he might start to suspect something. I put the bowtie through one last loop and patted it quickly, “Done.”

“I feel fancy.” He said, turning around quickly to display the bowtie to everyone. They all awed at him like he was a foreign creature; the complete aspect of it escaping them. I sighed. Maybe I’d just give them all clip-on ties.

“That’s pretty cool.” Drake said, gaping.

“I don’t like it,” Aaron said, sticking his tongue out. “It looks too…bleh.”

“Nice imagery, dude.” Alex nodded.

“I’ll just get some clip-on ties,” I settled on, muttering under my breath. I got off my bed and headed over to my dresser where I rummaged around for some spare ties.