Part 3; Immunity - 20. Inter-Dimensional

My mind was going haywire.

Everything Dr Roth had said was running through my brain like a freight train. I couldn’t tell where one thought finished and another started off, but his words swirled around my mind like a tornado of perplexity.

She’s too strong—too powerful—for us to let her have access to the full extent of her mind. But, at the same time, she is the very future of the human race.

We need to break Seraphina. We need to shatter her  into pieces.

“Okay,” Calliope was saying, “Tia and Derek are in this room here.” She pointed to the X she had marked in the Projection. “The closest Scientists on our case are here, here and here.” She moved to point to three different rooms. “Now, after getting into the neurology section of the hard drive and scanning their brain processes, I found out that the three groups of Scientists will take these three routes to get to the room.” She pulled a pen from the Projection and marked the routes they would take. “That covers all entries to the room.”

David blinked. “Then how do we get in without getting slaughtered?”

“The Doors.” I realised, unintentionally saying the words aloud as I thought them.

A smile spread across Calliope’s face. “Exactly.” She pointed to a wall of the training room which had started to glow blood red. “Right here. The only downside is, Roth and Williams will be using the Doors too. Now, there are three Doors that connect to the one that leads to Tia and Derek. Roth is taking one. Williams is taking another. They have almost an army of corrupt Androids covering the final Door.”

“So… which one do you propose we take?” Matt asked from his corner of the room.

“Roth’s Door.” I said instantly, gaining confused stares from the other three. “I want answers. He has them. Then, I want him dead.”

Matt flinched. “Sera, Ma’am, I’m not sure that’s a very good—”

“She’s right.” Calliope stopped him. “He has answers we need. And the only person who gets to fuck around with my brother is me.”

“Guys,” David said carefully. “Are we forgetting that murder is illegal?”

“So is encouraging suicide.” Calliope and I said in an eerie type of unison that reminded me a lot of how Stacy and Shaunee speak.

“Not to mention,” Calliope continued, “there’s a Door outside that leads pretty much straight to Roth’s Door. Easily accessible, gets us answers, gets us revenge. It’s the obvious plan of attack.”

Attack?!

“God, David!” Calliope groaned. “If you’re expecting us to just walk in there and walk out without punching at least one dick in the face, you’re about to get one hell of a surprise.” She clicked the button on the side of her Watch, and the Projection disappeared. “Come on,” she insisted; “we don’t have much time.”

“We never have much time,” he muttered under his breath. Nevertheless, we all formed ranks and followed Calliope from the room, and lining up in front of the Door. Matt, on the other hand, went somewhere else, confusing me completely.

“So… How exactly does this work?” I asked hesitantly. “Cause, you know, I’ve never travelled through a spinning wall, let alone one that spins to the other side of the building.”

“Long story short, they’re defying the laws of physics. Breaking dimension walls.” Calliope explained, grabbing me by the arms and placing me in exact line with David, who stood next to me. “There needs to be a Control – someone who controls where you’re going – but they have to be an Untouchable. No two ways about it. Normalities simply don’t have enough processing power in their brains.  Then, there needs to be a Counterweight. The Counterweight is located on the other side of the wall of which the Door is built into. The whole purpose of the Counterweight is so that the Doors don’t completely destroy the dimensional walls; they get transported from their side of the wall, to the side of the wall that we leave, which is why Matt is on the other side of this wall here.” She knocked twice on the wall, and received two knocks back from Matt, before moving David about an inch to the left.  “And, apparently, the Counterweight doesn’t have to give consent, which is kind of a giant kick in the balls.”