Chapter 3.

Anna checked out, and started walking back to her house, groceries in hand. Her brain was hurting from trying to figure out what happened. It wasn't unusual for her hands to glow, that's why she always wore gloves, but she had never seen the light flare up like that. She worried about this all the way home.

Her mother was back by the time she arrived and greeted her at the door.

"Hi, Anna!" she smiled, "Thanks for running to the store for me. How was school?"

Anna nodded, not really hearing what her mother had said.

Her mother grabbed the groceries, put them down on the counter and then grabbed Anna's shoulder.

"What happened?" she asked concerned.

Anna snapped out her daze and looked her mother in the eye blinking widely.

"I don't know." She mumbled, "I don't understand, that why. I don't know."

Anna felt her mother pull her over to the kitchen stools.

"Sit down," she urged, "And tell me what happened."

Anna opened her mouth but wasn't sure what to say.

"I was talking to these two boys at the grocery store," she started, "And when the one boy introduced himself, we shook hands. But as soon as our hands met a light exploded super-fast through the store. It was so fast I thought I had imagined it, but from the two boy's reactions, I must not have. I don't understand what happened." She finished

Anna's mom was silent for a minute.

"I don't know." She replied, "And I know you're not going to like my suggestion, but I think we should call the Elders."

Anna sighed wearily but nodded her head. After all, she need to know whether this could become a regular thing.

"For now," he mother continued, "Why don't you help me with dinner? Don't think about. There is nothing you can do about it now."

Anna nodded again, "What do you want me to do?"

"Can you set the table?" her mother asked, "But you'll have to empty the dishwasher first, all the plates are in there."

Anna smiled, 'Are you trying to trick me into doing two tasks?"

Her mother laughed, "No, but that was pretty smart wasn't it?"

When Anna's dad came home that night her mother explained to him what had happened to Anna. He agreed that they should call the Elders, and as soon as dinner was over, that's what they did.

Anna's father dialed Elder Clarks number and arranged for the Elders to come over first thing in the morning. Anna's parents had agreed that until they knew what happened, it would probably be best for Anna to stay home from school.

"You should get some sleep now," her dad said at 10:30 when they finished watching tv. "Tomorrow might be a long day, so sleep while you can."

Anna got up and said goodnight, "I just hope it's nothing bad." She said somberly, "I just want to be fine."

She walked up the stairs and into her room.

Tomorrow would come too soon.