Chapter 22

Chapter 22
Hiccup's POV

     My worst nightmare had came true. The 2 people I care most about could be dead. "Dad! (Y/N)!" I yelled running over to them I started pulling chunks of ice off their bodies. Noticing (Y/N) had less on her because she was behind my dad, I pulled all the chunks off of her as I pulled her in my lap. Tears escaped my eyes as I looked down at her tender face. I immediately decided I should check for a pulse. I put my 2 forefingers up to the side of her neck and waited a couple seconds. She had a pulse. She was alive! I was happy until I remembered my dad. I set her down carefully as I ran over to him. "Stoick!" My mom yelled as she finished pulling off the ice. I looked in her eyes, they had hope. But it was just hanging by a thin thread. She put her ear on his chest hoping for a heartbeat. I watched as the hope she had in her eyes taken away from her as she relaxed on his body and let out sorrowful sobs of loss. My eyes welled up with tears as I couldn't accept that he was gone. My dad was dead. I cry as Astrid comes over to me and holds me. I didn't really care if she was my girlfriend or not I just needed someone to hold me. I see a black snout come up to his hand and I look up noticing it was Toothless. "NO! GET AWAY FROM HIM." I yelled at my best friend but also the murderer of my father. "GO ON! GET OUT OF HERE! GET AWAY!" I yelled immediately regretting what I said as I remembered what (Y/N) always said in bad situations, 'Sometimes before it gets better, the darkness gets bigger, the one you'd take a bullet for, is the one behind the trigger.' "It's not his fault you know that." My mother consulted. I watched from blurry eyes, as the Bewilderbeast  called out to the dragons as their eyes turned to slits and they all joined the swarm following the dragons command. The gang calls after their dragons as they fly away. "Good dragons under the control of bad people do bad things." My mom said watching the dragons go after their Alpha. I watch as Drago got onto Toothless' saddle, eyeing the prosthetics. At that point I realized I really need Toothless. Toothless rises from the ground as Drago yells, "GATHER THE MEN AND MEET AT BERK!" As men erupted in cheer ready for their next war phase sort of thing. "Toothless!" I yell trying to run after him but my mom held me back. I glanced at her and my dragon as I watched them take off. "MOVE OUT!" Drago yells. This was defiantly the worst day I could have. My girlfriend gets injured, my dad died, my ex still thinks she is my girlfriend, and my best friend gets taken away. I don't think this day could get any worse.