Chapter 1: Off to America

"Come on guys, we're late! We'll miss the flight if you don't hurry up." Josh stands by the front door, tapping his foot impatiently, already packed and organised. Simon trots down the stairs carrying a bland black suitcase. "Careful!" Josh reaches out to steady the frantic man and catches him just in time before he face-plants on the floor.

"Sorry," Simon laughs nervously and straightens himself up. "I panicked."

"Have you got everything?"

"Yeah, pretty much. We're only going for two weeks though, right?"

Josh hums in approval. "Vik, man, come on!"

A flurry of raven-black hair runs toward them suddenly. "Sorry, I needed to make sure my videos were scheduled to upload."

"It's okay. Right, let's go and meet up with everyone."

The drive to the Stratford Halo in Josh's car is short; and after waiting a short while outside the building they witness Harry and both Cals exit. 30 seconds later, JJ and Tobi come out of the door and Tobi runs up to the car window, knocking on it a few times before Josh opens it.

"Hey man, what's up?"

"Ethan will be a while, he needed to take a shit."

Josh smirks. "Okay. Shall we lead? You guys can catch up-"

At that second, Ethan sprints to JJ's car, bulging suitcase trailing noisily behind him. He opens the door then steps in.

"Yeah, you go first. We'll be right behind you." Tobi jogs to meet back up with JJ and Ethan.

All in all, they are taking three cars, Josh's, JJ's and Harry's. The Cals and Harry in one car, JJ, Ethan and Tobi in another and finally Vik, Josh and Simon take Josh's car.

Josh leads the way to Heathrow Airport which is a good 20 minutes from where they are.

Unfortunately, the journey is lengthened by traffic.

"Ah, fantastic. We're never going to make it. I knew we should've woken up earlier."

"Josh, stop stressing, man. We're not going to miss our flight. It's in an hour, we'll be-"

-

"Our top news story tonight: A severe pile up on the M4 earlier today was caused by a drunk lorry driver. The accident is said to have caused two deaths and it is estimated that about fifty have been injured. Those injured have been immediately transferred to the nearest available hospital and most are expected to make a full recovery. Police say that the drunk driver was a serial killer named Thomas Plinkett, who has been missing for the past six months. Police have taken him into custody for questioning. All lanes are currently closed but should be opened once the cars have been cleared."

~~~~~

A/N:

Hello! I hope you enjoyed chapter 1 of my 11 chapter fanfiction. I've been working on this since April and I'm excited to get this book up and running! From now on, there will be 1 chapter a day. I hope you enjoy this story. :)