Chapter 25, Pt. 1- You're Kind Of Adorable

“So, like, you already have everything in the world, so this was extremely hard for me,” I inform Mason a couple of hours later as we’re sitting on the big and very comfortable crème white couch in his bedroom together, having just come back from the party at Alec’s house about half an hour ago.

It was actually really, really fun, the party was. It wasn’t as wild as you’d have thought it would be though, which makes sense when you think about. I mean, everyone in there—  save for myself, Clark, Shawn and maybe a few others—  were famous so they obviously have reputations that they have to keep up. I’m sure if it weren’t for the gross paparazzi that were hanging around outside in the back and front yards and peeking in through the windows with their huge bulky black cameras taking pictures, the party would have been a lot more out of control. All in all, it was nice though. I met a lot of Mason’s friends and they all seem pretty nice. Brianne Blossom didn’t even come back over to terrorize us anymore after Mason said what he said to her, which was especially nice.

Anyway, it’s almost 12:00, so Christmas is technically almost over and the funny thing is that back at my house in Indiana, it is already over. Clark and Shawn are in the room that they picked down the hall and I have no doubt in my mind that they’re like, doing it. Apparently they do that now and Clark feels the need to gush about it to me even though I wish she wouldn’t because she tells me things about Shawn that I never really ever wanted to know.

“I’m sure I’ll love whatever it is you got me, Aria,” Mason assures me with a chuckle.

“Well, if you don’t, you have to pretend that you do, okay?” I say, giving him a serious look.

“You are being so ridiculous,” My boyfriend tells me with another chuckle as if this is something to laugh about.

“I am not,” I huff softly, shaking my head. “Okay, come on now, promise me,” I demand before standing to my feet, about to go into the room where Clark and I have all of the guy’s presents stored.

“Alright, I promise that even if I truly despise your presents (which I won’t, by the way) I will pretend that I love them,” He appeases me, pursing his lips together to hold in another laugh. He sure is giddy today, I’ve noticed, but that’s probably just because it’s Christmas and whatnot and Christmas makes everyone giddy, I think.

“Okay, then, I’ll be right back,” I murmur, turning on my heel and walking out of the bedroom, taking slow and deliberate steps down the carpeted hallway to the room. I earnestly tried to get Mason to give his other presents to me first but being the terrible and stubborn boyfriend that he actually is, he refused. His reason was that was that one particular aspect of his gift would take at least a couple of hours. He didn’t elaborate or anything to me about what that even means but I do like surprises (as long as they’re good surprises) so I don’t mind that too much.

When I get to the room, I push the fancy crème colored door open and close it behind me before walking over closet where I hid Mason’s things. It was surprisingly hard to stay under the $250 Christmas budget that we set. That could be just because things here in Los Angeles are a lot fancier and price-er than the stuff in Indianapolis. Literally if I would have gotten him the same stuff in Indiana it probably would have only cost me about $120 or so. I did manage to stay under it though—  okay, well, that’s not entirely true, I went like, five dollars over but I’m sure Mason went over by at least a couple of hundred because I know him and he doesn’t mind blowing his money.

Gathering the two gift bags in my hands—  I even got that decorative tissue paper stuff and put it inside them— I walk out of the room, turning the light out on my way before going back into Mason’s room, where he’s just idly sitting there on the couch just as I left him. I’m not sure how he’s going to like what I got for him but I personally think that for it being Christmas Eve when I got them, they’re nice presents. Then again, it’s not easy buying your boyfriend who has everything he ever wanted something for Christmas.